SoS: June 13, 2016 - June 19, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Stirling Finest Badger
    Hien 650
    Alum
    Lucky Tiger
    Fine L'Orange Noir
    Have a great weekend! [​IMG]

2. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

June 18/2016

Razor : Gillette Trac ll (>3?)
    Lather: Italian Barber
    Brush: Unknown Brand
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade
    A/S: Gillette Gel/Brut Splash On
    Newspaper Date: Sept. 10,1943

Have had a couple bad days. My tremor meds are acting differently, can`t seem to find that "window of opportunity", usually about 15-20 mins. but lately I don`t know when. I`ve been shaking so bad, I had to go to the Trac ll just to get a decent shave. I`m going to try some different tests,
    like holding a full glass of water or holding a pencil straight/perpendicular until it stops shaking. I am open for any suggestions. The Shave: Not bad, easily accomplished, a nice light razor and no angle hunting, smooth, slight irritation on upper lip. I can go out in public without embaressment, but Gentlmen, I am not even approaching a BBS let alone Dolphin Smooth. There seems to be a real short stubble that you can just barely feel, but you know it`s there. The passes: 1stWTG. The 2nd ATG and clean up with the slick residue left. Pleased but not a Happy Camper. My best to all.

Bill June 18,2016 Trac ll 001.JPG June 18,2016 Trac ll 002.JPG

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Bill, I sincerely hope your meds begin to work again so that you may find some relief, tomorrow is another day buddy. :)

4. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

18 June 2016

* OneBlade
    * Feather
    * Shavemac D-01 2-Band + Doug Korn Aquamarine Taca
    * Mystic Water Lavender/Lime
    * Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Orange/Pikake Blossom EO

[​IMG]

5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Such deep, rich colors @celestino! :love055:

celestino, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:signs154:

7. billdog2

Thanks, it means a lot to me, your friend,

Bill

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Sorryto hear you have been having a hard time shaving due to termmors. Hope you find something that works Bill.

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20160618_125316.jpg

Prep: Musgo Real Oakmoss
    Razor: Maggard MRG
    Blade: Viking Sword (5th shave)
    Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
    Soap: Soap Smooth- Frankincense & myrrh

2 pass shave, got a BBS finish with no irritation, everything went perfect. SS has one of the best F&M scents I have encountered. Dark and mysterious, has a light inscence scent that is not strong. The genie lamp on the tub suits it perfectly. As far as performance goes, it is top notch, all type of good ingredients also, even kyvas water which is unusual for a shaving soap. The Maggard Brush whipped up a nice lather with little effort. Finished off with Givenchy Gentlemen Balm, which is more of a milk, and the scent lasts for hours. Hope everyone has a great shave, and a great weekend!

10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I think it's up by Dallas.

11. ObiDon

image.jpeg image.jpeg Razor: Gillette Goodwill #162 1934 (4 corner positioning posts)
    Brush: Wolf Whiskers DWW-3 "Burnt Oak Whiskey" 30mm x 52 TGN Silvertip Premium 2016
    Mug: Old Spice 1985 Cobalt Blue
    Cream: Truefitt&Hill Grafton
    Blade: Feather (2)
    Post shave: Thayers Cucumber WH, Jack Black Post Shave Gel, Old Spice original Shulton 1989-1991 "The Ship Magic" 1870 commemorative flask

This Goodwill shaves me like my LC and like the LC you have to watch the angles, for a smooth shave, as it can be quite aggressive. Loaded a Feather blade, and checked the alignment. The Wolf Whiskers Silvertip is a big brush, with incredibly soft tips but has great backbone. It whipped up a nice lather in no time, in my favorite OS mug. Got a nice two pass shave with some touchup on my trouble spot on my neck, but not too much, as I will pay later. Warm water rinse and pat dry. Some WH and after cleanup and a hot shower, some JB balm. Finished up with some just opened Vintage Old Spice original Shulton from the late '80s! It doesn't get better than this, if you are an Old Spice junkie like me.

The ship Magic originally known as the Madgie was a 92 ton center board schooner. Built in 1857 she measured 84 ft in length and was originally rigged as a sloop (single mast). Two years later she was rigged as a schooner and won her first race in June 1863 in a New York Yacht Club regatta. In August 1870, after being completely rebuilt at City Island, she won the first defense of the America's Cup in 4 hours, 7 minutes and 54 seconds, a record time for the 35 mile course. She was also one of the smallest yachts in the race.

Y'all have a good one!

12. ObiDon

Beautiful photo!:eatdrink047:

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I wonder if he still does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, you mean if he might have switched over to Stirling, TSD, Rte 66, etc?

Douglas Carey, Tdmsu and clint64 like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Thanks for adding the newspaper date, and I don 't think Isaw the dog in THAT pose before :)

Douglas Carey, clint64 and billdog2 like this.
  16. Paul Turner

ohh....too far, but it would give me a great reason to see Texas for my first time.

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  17. Paul Turner

what is the "old"? Aqua Velva?

18. ObiDon

Did I mention, it's not a store, it's a collection in a guys house!

Douglas Carey, clint64 and ob1page like this.
  19. billdog2

Yeah, I try to mix things up. I have 5 different dogs( I have one favorite, but I`m not telling). I enjoy posting them as much the members like seeing them. "Dogs Rule", or they say. Have fun with whatever you do and life is much smoother. Best wishes.

Bill

ilts, mrchick, Douglas Carey and 3 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

who's that gentleman behind the shaving soap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.