SoS: June 13, 2016 - June 19, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Father's Day Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 Full Hollow
    Brush: Korn D7-XLT Romera Manchurian 26mm
    Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
    Pre Shave Scrub: MRGLO
    Pre Shave Balm: TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood
    Shave Soap: CRSW Le Chypre Sombre LE
    Aftershave: Cerruti 1881

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - 18 June 2016

image.jpeg

Have a great Sunday!
    :)

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

@RiseIntlGroup.com, or google Rise Super Foam

clint64 and navy mac like this.
  4. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Only sold by the case?

5. Paul Turner

yes.
    I suppose there are advantages and disadvantages to that. It(the case)will last a loooooong time(especially if the 13 oz. ones are still available). There's a new 8.7 oz that I've been trying to find out info on(that is, is it anything closer to the original Rise). Sometimes I wonder if the softness of the foam compares in any way to shave soaps.

6. whiteboy_cannon

Would last me my whole life since I primarily use a brush and soap/cream

7. Paul Turner

Ah, I bet! You've probably seen my posts on here saying that I don't know what will happen first-I finish my shaving foam case, or my nephew will graduate from college(he'll be a sophomore in August).

8. whiteboy_cannon

I'm thinking the graduation will happen first.

9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sorry to hear you're ailing Bill. I hope you get your meds sorted out.

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Jolly Good June!

June 18

Razor - Gold Dollar 800

Soap - Tabac
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Cold rinse, Alum, Nivea, The Veg

Saturday morning shave to get ready to go sell big! And, the GD 800 is still doing fine. I concentrated on stropping last night so I wouldn't have to this morning and the edge seems in just as good a shape after a week of me fumbling as it was when I got it. That's a good thing. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with that. As far as shaving goes, it's getting to be more automatic now with the razor and I think I could switch easily to the smaller Rabbit and do just as good a job. We'll find out at the beginning of the week. Only problem today was a small cut near my adam's apple due to setting down wrong. Just came down a bit to vertical and caught it just as it touched down...but that was enough. Alum closed it up with no problem. Threw on the alum to find a nice cool shave, Nivea to moisturize, and the Veg again as a body splash. Mmmmmm good. And it paid off today. 250% to budget so the Veg is showing its stuff.

Also had mail call today.....the following has landed.

[​IMG]

The Swan safety razor on a stick! Now, the picture makes it look like it's a pretty cheap zinc razor. Rest assured, it is. I'm pretty sure I overpaid for this thing but that's ok, it's unique. The top of the razor slides off the end for loading. I'm not sure how well it will hold a blade yet but I do know it wobbles a bit without a blade. Maybe the blade will tighten it up.....maybe not. I haven't decided which day this will get used on. Monday might work. I have an early morning Dr. Appt., but could shave when I get back. Tuesday is a possibility too. This should be interesting, but when @Drygulch says "Dare You", who am I to say no? Oh, by the way Adam......SWMBO wants your address. Said something about sending my life insurance bill to you.

11. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you. :)

12. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thanks, Guy. :)

13. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Yes its original, got lucky at an estate sale, when a friend spotted it. I believe I was the first person to use it. I think the Gillette toggle is the best DE razor ever made. Enjoy yours as I enjoy mine on those special occasions. :eatdrink047:

14. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

My first SOTD post at TSD

Route 66 "A Perfect Gent"
    Ever-Ready 100T | TGN Finest
    1976 Gillette Super-Speed
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black)

[​IMG]

15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

SOTD Sun. 6/19/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic :love029: :love055:
    SS: Strop Shoppe Date Night :love029: :love055:
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar :love029: :love055:
    Razor: Pal Adj. :love029: :love055:
    Blade: Schick (2)
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill :love029: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    AS: Fine L'Orange :love029: :love055:
    Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli :love029: :love055:
    Cologne: Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning guys. Fantastic shave this morning with the Pal Adj. First two passes I shaved with the H setting and the amount of reduction was so great that for the third and final pass I turned the knob back down to the middle setting. Had I not done this I would have been raw, this is a very aggressive razor. My end result is a wonderfully dolphin smooth face with no irritation whatsoever. Awesome! :love055: This soap although being a high quality soap falls short of delivering the type of lather a Haslinger, Tabac or La Toja can do. Have a great day friends. :cool:

[​IMG]

16. Robyflexx

:signs154:

17. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

i had a very relaxing shave moments ago.

[​IMG]
    Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars / Rubberset Replica w. Shavemac Silvertip / GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip / GEM Stainless / Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather

Great, relaxing shave. I thought i´d listen to some good music, so Frank Sinatra shared the Bathroom with me and played his "September of my Years". I soaked the brush and the soap bloomed a bit. What a great smell. A little sweetness with a good amount of smokeyness came up to my nose. Lathered up after a few swirls and the GEM glided through my stubbles with no effort. As i finished my 3-pass shave, i rinsed with warm water and with cold water and than applied the Spanish Leather. Man, what a smell...love it.

Now i will get a tasty cup of coffee and maybe a pipe with some Old dark Fired. This will be fun and very enjoyable.

Have a great time, great shaves and take care Buddys.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

18. Robyflexx

Great write up! :signs154:

19. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE AND HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!! SOTD 06/19/16

Schick Adjustable(set on 7)
    Schick Twin(2) (Thanks to @AGHisBBS )
    Synthetic Brush (unknown brand)
    Barbasol Original
    Cold Water Rinse,Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk A/S

DSCF0412.JPG So for My Father's Day shave I hopped back on the injector train:transport022: And I was rewarded with a close,smooth and comfortable shave an absolute BBS:happy108:

20. Robyflexx

Alright Steve! You've inspired me to pop a twin in my N1 and continue my tour on the injector train tomorrow, where it stops who knows?! Happy father's day!.......:transport022: :happy036:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.