US East Coast Bunny Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The next time the Red Sox go on the road, the Bunny can be viewed on third base at Fenway Park from 2-4 PM on the first day of the trip

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, JBSharp and 2 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The Bunny's not a bad girl... Tom just drew her that way. :eek: :rofl:

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Well, that's intriguing... :rolleyes:

4. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Final shave recap with the Bunny. Short form: Take my money.

Overall review: I will happily buy this razor as soon as they become available. As I told Tom, I don't have any improvements to recommend, except for the slightly finicky blade loading. I feel like that's his main point of concern as well, and I know that when he's satisfied, it will be plenty good enough for me. As for the shaves, I have nothing but praise. I like the angle of the head, even though I expected not to, and it feels great in the hand. This is by far the heaviest and largest razor I've personally used, but it was a joy. My bunny had the V2 handle, which is cylindrical and tapers slightly from the base to the head, with grooves around the circumference of the handle. Tom is being so gracious as to send me the V3 with the more contoured one piece handle for comparison, so I'll report back.

Today's shave: The best yet. I normally shave WTG & XTG, one pass each. As @Karl G suggested, I used the Wild comb for the first pass and then the Mild for the second. On my right cheek, I decided to go directly to ATG for the Mild pass and had good results - nearly BBS - but it was a little irritating (my fault, not the razor's, as I'd skipped a reduction pass.) I went XTG on my left cheek, and still got nearly as close without the irritation. Regarding that irritation: it was only discomfort, with no redness afterward. Better shave prep probably solves that problem.

Final loose ends: As I said, the angle was more intuitive than I expected. No problems on my cheeks. Underneath, I have to take short strokes to keep the proper angle, but I do that anyway. I didn't try the Notso comb, so I'd owe it a go. As Tom himself said, I think I'd probably stick with the Wild most of the time, but I do like the interchangeable combs.

SO, as I said, take my money. Sending PM to Perry for your address. I'll clean this thing up and get it in the mail tomorrow morning.

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Great info JB. So are you going to have the V3 for Father's Day? That would be perfect!

6. JBSharp

He hasn't sent it out yet. Looks like I'll have to shave with one of my own razors this weekend. Hmph.

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Just a quick update. I made a replacement. Unfortunately it is not up to par. I plan on making a new on Monday. If all goes well i will get it out in the mail @JBSharp on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay, but the comb fitment was too loose.

I will keep you all posted. By the way the V2 shaves exactly the same as the V3. Just a bit different feel.

Thanks
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. JBSharp

Bunny V2 in the mail to @PLAla, estimated Wednesday delivery. Farewell, sweet shaver!

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I made the replacement V3 this morning. I will try to finish it up tonight. It will be in the mail tonight or tomorrow at the latest. @JBSharp give it a few shaves then send it on to @PLAla, PLAla try both of them out. When you are done send the V2 back to me.

Hope you all enjoy them.
    Tom

10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Run around sue is off and hopping.... ;)

11. JBSharp

I've already committed to getting a single shave and sending it on. I've held up this Bunny train long enough. Choo-choo!

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Please do 2. Then you can give me a comparison between them.

Tom

13. JBSharp

I'll definitely be posting the comparison. I'm developing a whole set of preconceived notions to judge it against.

Billyfergie, BeShaved, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  14. priest2705

priest2705 Well-Known Member

Is the signup for the Pass Around still open. I'd love to jump in if possible

Billyfergie, BeShaved, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Yup, just read the original post in this thread and send me a PM confirming you are east of the Mississippi and that you agree with the rules. After I get that I will update and post the new list. Welcome aboard! :transport022:

Billyfergie, BeShaved, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  16. Batman9402

Batman9402 Active Member

As much as i want to try out the bunny i am going to drop out from the list. Time and money might hold me up and i prefer not to hold anything up. I know im still a bit away but wanted to give plenty of notice. :)

17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Sorry to hear that. If things change do not hesitate to get back on.

Tom

18. Batman9402

Batman9402 Active Member

Will do. Yeah just i got so much going on so.

19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

For all those in the wings and those still thinking about joining the pass around, here is the rotation:

1. Redfisher
    2. poppi
    3. Jayaruh
    4. richgem
    5. AGHisBBS
    6. ilts
    7. youngunn
    8. Herm2502

9. JBSharp (waiting on the V3)
    10. PLAla (waiting on the V2)
    11. gzp
    12. mrdrakeness
    13. Robyflexx
    14. david of central florida
    15. Spyder
    16. Mr. Freeze93
    17. old-school shaver
    18. Mbg75

Who else wants in? :signs002:

20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The Bunny is on its way to @JBSharp. He should have it by Friday. I made the spring extra tight on this one. Please keep a blade in it at all times. It is a mother to load without a blade.

Have Fun everyone.

Also see if your ladies will try it. I would love more feedback from them.

Tom

Jayaruh, BeShaved, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.