Clubman Validation!!!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by poppi, Mar 24, 2016.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I like Pinaud Clubman A/S. Smells great and lasts a long time. Wifey likes it too.

But, yesterday I got validation from the younger generation in the guise of my 13 year old grand daughter.
    I had used Clubman with my morning shave and then, later in the day, had to take her to a church youth function.

She got in the van and, after a few moments, said, " Grandpa, you smell really nice. Why can't the boys at school smell like you?"

Well, knock me over with a feather! Just goes to show that there is still hope for the younger generation.

2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Great! Now for the ultimate test.....repeat the same routine using the Veg! :think002:

3. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

It is good stuff....one of my favorites.

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

The Veg has not chosen me. I don't like smelling like cat pee and neither does my wife

Spyder likes this.
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I like and use Clubman Original, VI Bay Rum and the Veg. I dislike Special Reserve however. YMMV:)

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  6. rustypixel

rustypixel Active Member

I had something similar happen to me with my daughter a week or so ago. She asked me to put on some of the "Nice smelling stuff in the white bottle with the ship cause it reminds me of you" No better reason than that to break out the vintage Old Spice!

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It certainly would be something to see the middle-school boys try Clubman. Clubman could be the new Axe!!!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

well, 1 out of 4 ain't bad. We match on Clubman Original, but that's it.

Spyder and 178-bplatoon like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Clubman original is hard to beat.

Spyder, 178-bplatoon and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Paul Turner

especially along with Clubman Country Club Shampoo.

Spyder likes this.
  11. GooseCretian

GooseCretian Member

So my order of Special Reserve came in yesterday. Very unique. I have been trying to find the words to describe the scent. However, I came across a picture that would do more justice than my words ever could. Be a man.

[​IMG]

ninjack and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Paul Turner

From what I've read about SR, it is indeed quite the manly scent.

13. GooseCretian

GooseCretian Member

You have indeed read correctly. I have also read that the scent is quite polarizing and from my first sniff I can could see why. But the scent from the bottle vs the scent from application and dry down is quite different.

14. Paul Turner

it m
    it may be my next Clubman purchase...I'm still working on a 6 oz. regular.

15. GooseCretian

GooseCretian Member

I have Clubman, Vanilla, VIBR, and now SR. My favorite is Vanilla with Clubman a very close second. VIBR smells like Christmas to me. My next purchase of Pinaud will be The Veg to see if it chooses me.

16. Paul Turner

Clubman/Amazon update-1, 440 reviews, still 75% for the 5-star reviewers.(this is for the 6 oz. original).

17. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Being new to this forum, I find it amusing at how many times the veg is brought up. I am a huge fan of the original pinaud clubman, as evidenced by my insistence on having 2 large bottles at all times, but I have never tried any of their other scents.

I broke down the other day and got a sampler of all their scents (veg included) from the old Bay.

I haven't been as curious about anything shaving related as I am about the lilac vegetal. If there were ever a love/hate scent...this appears to be it. The constant referrals to cat pee and nursing home have me quite concerned. On the other hand, all the ingredients sound good, so who knows? I guess I'll find out in about a week.

ninjack likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

I don't pay attention to the " cat pee, nursing home" thing...(or shall I say I find that amusing and move on). I think it's great stuff.(the shampoo and hair gel included).

mrchick likes this.
  19. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

The Veg doesn't like me, but I get along Well with the remaining Pinaud scents. I use their Clubman shampoo too. Love it! Wearing Pinaud Vanilla aftershave today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Well...I finally got my lilac vegetal, and it smells....fantastic! I understand, however, that it smells alot fifferent when worn?! Well, i havent had the chance to wear it yet, but i have high hopes. I like a lot of levels/types of scents, so I will hope for the best.