Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

[​IMG]

Parker Jockey Club with Sutliff Virginia Slices

dbersh, BamaT, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Often people confuse short term over reactions with the long term equilibrium.

Saturday night pipe as contemplated what to buy, maybe some UK based funds, maybe convert some USD to GBP for investing, etc. Since I live in South Korea and likely will not return the mother land (USA) I try to keep my investment spread across several currencies. Also contemplating what to do about my citizenship.

After all this heavy thinking my conclusion is I like this tobacco but tomorrow I want to smoke some OSG and maybe stock up on OSG given Chris' dire predictions for its disappearance.

IMG_2701.jpg

dbersh, BamaT, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

You'd love Escudo Navy. Buy a five pack. It's identical to Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.

Keithmax and trey06dmd like this.
  4. Keithmax

Will do when I make my next order but I am concerned you are cornering the market on OSG.... after you got me started with it. The more I smoke OSG the more I enjoy it even if I still favour the navy rolls.

BamaT, trey06dmd and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. Keithmax

Hmmm, I wonder if the price of Dunhill pipes and tobacco will come down along with the pound.

RyX, BamaT and trey06dmd like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

In theory....

BamaT, Keithmax and trey06dmd like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

It's the #1 Flake in Europe. I'd need cartel money to corner the market. At the present time, I am still something short of cartel level financial backing for acquisition of OGS, but I still have time....

BamaT, trey06dmd and Keithmax like this.
  8. Keithmax

I will be Amsterdam early August, wasn't planing on check out other smoke shops but I will take a look for the OGS, if I can remember. Will then head over to England where if the GBP is still weak will do some checking at the pipe stores.

BamaT, Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

10. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

BamaT likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

I believe it's worth it. I've bought three Stanwell in 14 months.

Keithmax and BamaT like this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Not sure I would believe SRW not being non aromatic. Maybe, like the Log Cabin I just tried, it's not in your face aro, but I bet it has a casing of some sort.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I'll have to check that out. If there was indeed a conspiracy in the 80's to keep the price of oil low, it not only helped kill the USSR, but it also killed the oil boom in Texas, which had repercussions far outside of Texas. I was the Controller for a local mortgage company that sold out to a bank up north prior to the collapse in Texas. That bank bet heavy in Texas, financing considerable housing developments. When the oil dried up, people handed the house keys to the bank, driving it out of business, and taking us with them.

Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I like PS Bullseye, it was the first VaPer I had tried, and the cavendish center adds something to it. Not too heavy on the Perique, and no flavoring, I'll always have some on hand. Got about a half pound cellaring right now, although I did pull out a couple of coins to smoke while cutting grass. I put it straight in a jar after bringing it home a couple of months back,p. When I pulled those coins out this afternoon, they did seem a bit moist, and I also had a little trouble keeping it lit. A little drying is in order for my batch, could be the case with yours.

Keithmax, Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

https://www.amazon.com/dp/097779539X/?tag=thshde-20

16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

IMG_0805.JPG

A morning pipe after driving my wife and daughter to the airport. SP Mellow in a Comoy's pebble grain.

Keithmax, trey06dmd and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Late afternoon, Davidoff Scottish mixture in a Silver Cloud
    IMG_0806.JPG

Keithmax, BamaT and trey06dmd like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

During a cooling afternoon shower, I tried McClelland Blackwoods Flake in a Neerup cherrywood. Had to first dispatch a wasp nest under the deck roof. Due to the recommendation from Russ at P&C, and numerous near consensus 4 star reviews on this tobacco, I had high hopes for it. I followed Russ's suggestion to pop the top and let it air for 24 hours. It did dry it, which was needed. Tin aroma was fantastic, of deep dark fruit, not citrus; but it just didn't come through in the smoke. This pipe has never had a salt cleanse, so I'm going to do that to get rid of any ghosting that may be present. I'll also try another pipe, and dedicate those two pipes to this blend to get a better gauge on it.

Erik Redd, trey06dmd and Keithmax like this.
  19. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Moving to my moms brought me away from town and people. No sound, no light, just me, a Casillaro pipe with a 9mm balsa filter and a bowl of Captain Black Red Sky. Sitting on the porch enjoying the little things. Not a cloud in the sky and an amazing view of the stars. Have the Kindle set to black background low light medium yellow/orange text. Enjoying a book, a pipe and the night.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    RyX, BamaT, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  20. Keithmax

Sunday night OSG
    max - 1.jpg

dbersh, BamaT, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.