I need something cold for the summer. What should I get?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Straight razor dandy, Jun 21, 2016.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I have seen this in posts before. What does it smell like?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Well, it dries down to a powdery "Barber shop" scent after a medicinal bottle note. Mrs Samurai approves! But, there is a caveat. It's highly mentholated, so be sure not to get nuts with it.

crackstar, ob1page and cmorris357 like this.
  3. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Ah, so this is the infamous product that earned @Drygulch his new CT? I think I'm going to pick some up but I'll make sure I keep it above my chest. Thanks for the info.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Any soap made by Stirling and labelled "Glacial".
    Or, Yeti Snot soap.
    For aftershave I use Fines Snakebite, and I add a few drops of glycerin and several extra menthol crystals(facial freeze).

ob1page likes this.
  5. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

@Straight razor dandy this combo will pretty much get as cold as can be, and it comes in the other scents too (lemon chill, etc). You can also sub out the witch hazel & aloe with an aftershave splash. As for lasting power of scent, the aftershave splash I have from Stirling (Executive Man) lasts for about 1.5-2 hours, so the longevity isn't that long. It is an aftershave though, so it's not meant to last throughout the day.

I'm not sure if they do this, but you could contact Rod and Mandy and ask them if they would make you an unscented Glacial aftershave. If you had that, you could put that on and then if you had a cologne you wanted to put over top, you wouldn't have competing scents.

ob1page and Bill G like this.
  6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Stirling sells unscented glacial balms

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk