What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Last night's shave, love this razor. Touched it up and got a pretty nice edge on it.
    image.jpeg

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Thank you, a TI maybe my next acquisition.

3. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

The Birthday SR shave is in the books! Thanks to @gssixgun, @Drygulch, and @Bama Samurai.

SOTD
    6/27/16

Pre: Arko stick lightly used
    SR: Antoni Tadross
    DE Razor: Gillette Fatboy (3)
    Blades: Gillette 7 O,clock super stainless (3)
    Brush: TGN Finest in olivewood handle
    Soap: Arko stick
    Post: cold water rinse, Maggard alum, witch hazel, The Veg

Well it's my Birthday and I've shaved like I wanted too! Ok, bad pun but there it is. I got an almost BBS shave tonight with one little weeper but hey I did 2 passes with my SR WTG, and XTG and one pass with my DE. Not too bad for my third SR shave if you ask me, LOL!I know, I know you want the details well her it is. First pass with the SR was WTG and got great beard reduction, the razor was sharp with it's fresh strop 20 rounds yesterday and 30 rounds today. Thanks to @Drygulch for the loan of the strop, yes I'm slowly coming over to the Dark Side!:signs136: I wet my face and put a small amount of the Arko on my face and worked it in to hydrate and lubricate my face for to upcoming shave, slick face, happy razor. I then rinsed off my face and reapplied the Arko and worked up a great lather. First pass was WTG and again I started on my left side because that's my weakest hand and got great beard reduction, the switched to my right side and finished the WTG pass. I looked down at my towel I wiped my blade on and saw good stubble on there. Second pass was XTG and again starting on my left and working to my right, saw just a little evidence of beard reduction this time and in the center of my lower neck I saw a weeper but it stopped almost immediately. I felt my face and had a good DFS but I wanted better so I cleaned up my SR and put it away. I then re-lathered my face and picked up my Fatboy and went ATG to get an almost BBS shave. Oh well you cant get BBS every time, I rinsed off my face and applied the alum which was mostly quit except on where I got that weeper but it wasn't bad. I rinsed that off and applied the witch hazel, at that point I debated on which AS to grab and of course The Veg was sitting there begging to be used. So I grabbed it and put it on, then looked and felt my face again and was so close to BBS, I was pleased with it. Two passes with my SR and a third with my DE and that one is in the books so to speak. Have a Great shave everyone, and here's to the hope that all your shaves are BBS.;)

Jim99, Tdmsu, Bama Samurai and 9 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

5. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tanifuji 40 full hollow 13/16
    Kanayama Cordovan #8000
    Shavemac custom G.A jade & cocobolo silvertip two band
    Nanny's Signature Neroli
    Propolis & Raw virgin coconut oil
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino body spray
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino private blend Edp

6. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor: Acquired from a friend.
    Brush: Turkish barber's brush. Boar/Horse depending who is telling the story. I don't use this one a whole lot but when I do I realise just how big it is.
    Lather: So much there was a party going on.

2 passes high on excitement. DFS- no cuts or irritation but not as close as my Japanese folding Kamisori. The blade was insanely sharp but felt thick, even a bit dull. A bit deceptive really as the whiskers fell without effort. Feedback though from the blade was not very high. I really enjoy wafer thin blades that chatter like Velcro being pulled apart.

Steve

7. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Gael Solingen 6/8th
    Kent BK2 Pure Badger
    Valobra Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Cracking Shave Today with My Gael Extra Hollow Ground 6/8th..A Wonderful Smooth Shaver this SR..It Sings like a Canary an All..A Real Close BBS Result & Skin like Velvet..Nicked myself Under the Nose..:happy097:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:angelic007:

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Eaton 85 5/8 full hollow spike 20160628_083519_resized.jpg

9. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

F.W. Engels Perfection

DSCF3001.jpg

10. Bjoerge Brathagen

Bjoerge Brathagen Well-Known Member

nice kropp you got there:)

Bama Samurai, BearCWY and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Thank You..:angelic007:

12. Keithmax

13. Keithmax

I have a similar TI inbound without the etching.

Billyfergie, BearCWY and Bama Samurai like this.
  14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

CLAUSS 6/8 full hollow round end
    20160629_082520_resized.jpg

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

16. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

17. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

18. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

19. Billyfergie

[​IMG] Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    SSA Johan Engstrom Sweden 5/8th+ (Freshly Honed)
    Mason Pearson Pure Badger
    Haslinger Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Test Shave Today with My Freshly Honed Johan Engstrom 5/8th..Took more than a Moment to Set the Bevel on this Hard Swedish Steel SR on 12 Micron Lapping Film..15 Micron Would be Ideal..I Didn't find it any Harder to Hone than Softer Steel SRs just more Repeat Sets is All & Patience..:D

A Real Wicked Edge But Smooth & Comfortable..BBS Result..I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:angelic007:

20. Keithmax

Hart 7/8 with a new den mate a @Jayaruh brush
    search - 2.jpg