Explain your avatar

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Single Wedge, Jul 21, 2008.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sois le bienvenu, mon frere! :) You will be given some stuff from around the world for to try! ;)

2. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

"Priest" Vallon from Gangs of New York in the entry scene... :)

3. Leon

Leon Active Member

Mine is Rudolph Valentino.

Why?

Well, he was a very distinct, cool, charming gentleman for his time. And I've always liked the wild 20's, the silent movies, the stars and starlets.

4. bythbook

bythbook New Member

certainly, the Flying Spaghetti Monster needs no explanation.

5. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

a few plastic stones on a cheap goban. I play intermittently and as leego on IGS and KGS

6. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Since my Linda Lovelace title is no more, I figured I would go with a scene from the movie, Gran Torino. Clint telling some uhhh.... (what is a forum appropriate word for those people?) to "Get Off My Lawn!!"..... Reminds me of me..................

7. hoglahoo

Well if you'd stay off other people's lawns they wouldn't have to point guns at you!

8. bythbook

bythbook New Member

Miss Montreal walks into a bar.

Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

9. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Good point.

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I cannot stand the looks of her at all--if she is Miss Montreal, my dog is Mr. Universe!

11. cop

cop New Member

Groomed groom

Well, some times I tease my (almost grown up) childeren about how things were when ol' dad was a kid. Among these things and themes was the fashion, hair cuts and so on. I found this very cool looking guy while I was surfing and searching for sideburns. He may be English and from '69.
    Enjoy your weekend gentlemen!

12. sicklidz

sicklidz New Member

I was a navigation electronics technician in the Navy on the USS Pogy SSN 647 and my avatar is the enlisted submarine warfare pin I wore on a daily basis.

13. fatcity

fatcity New Member

Found this on a website I particularly love

A state of permanent irritation (without the annoying capslock) - I always find posts funnier if you read them as if the writer is in a state of rage.

14. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Thank gawd that the Celine Dion mystery is finally solved!! I knew there was something out of this world about that girl.

I couldn't handle her before now, kind of a nausea thing. But next time at least I can get a good chuckle.
    Thanx Eagle!!!

(Being Canadian while knowing that Celine is also, can be very stressing to our delicate and courteous natures!!)

15. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Mine is the front of my house.

16. hoglahoo

Why you little punk! You won't get away with this! :mad:

17. topcattcw

topcattcw Member

I probably don't have to explain to anyone from my generation ...

18. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

no explanation needed for this one...

19. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

My son Jonathan Daniel. My second son. There have not been 2 boys born in my family since 1886! Check out these birth years: 1860 ?&1886, 1917, 1940, 1964, 1999&2009. Recognize those dates? Yep, a war started withing a year or was underway for most of those dates.

20. lferg

lferg New Member

It's The Dude.. Couldn't find a good Jackie Treehorn avatar, I really wanted the title frame from Log Jammin' but.. It's The Dude.. I mean come on who is cooler than the father of Maude's child?:happy102