Explain your user name

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ktulu64

ktulu64 New Member

Cthulhu also Ktulu from H.P. Lovecraft's mythos
    (also a Metallica song)
    and '64
    the model year of my first vehicle

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Well, I'm a real monkey, and I'm blue. What? You didn't think that simians would increase in intelligence and become the dominant life form on this planet? Ha, Ha, Ha! First your razors, your women and booze, and then the world! Soon, we will control everything!!!
    :whacky084

3. Sir Peeler

Sir Peeler New Member

I'm a cop, so Sir Peeler refers to Robert Peel the "inventor" of the modern Metro Police force model. Cops in Peel's day were called "Peelers" until "Cop" caught on in the states later on. . .

4. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Damn dirty ape :transport024

5. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

If you don't mind me asking, what department do you work for?

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

The summer of 2004 was one of discovery for me. I discovered that I liked Lynyrd Skynyrd and decided that I was in a sticky situation. Once I got out of said situation, it felt good to be a "free", so I chose the nick Freebird.

7. pibeandres

pibeandres New Member

pibe= Rioplatense Spanish for 'young'
    Andres= my name
    I was younger when I came up with that screen name.

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Don't agitate us! :bounce

9. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

:happy001

10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Here in SE Louisiana it stands for Grandpa. Pronounced Pop Pea. I reckon 6 grandkids qualify me

11. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I hate the pressure of trying to come up with catchy, cutesy names on all these websites. I chose Eagle for a couple reasons. First I dig birds of prey (I even like that title-bird of prey). Falcons, Eagles, Hawks, Ospreys and so on are just cool birds. Second, it is the symbol of the USA, and I have been serving her for many years both in the military and various LE agencies so I thought it fitting. Third, it always seems to be available. Somebody always has a variation on Eagle: LoneEagle, LegalEagle, EagleFlies etc. But nobody ever just picks Eagle which is good for me.

Eagle out.

12. SuperSpeed

SuperSpeed New Member

Welcome, Eagle!

Hi Shep,

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. This is a great place! ;)

Thank you for your service, and since you like Eagles (and other birds of prey), you might want to check out our website below...we have a young Bald Eagle in rehabilitation right now!

That's me holding him on the home page of our website, and my avatar is the LAST Bald Eagle we treated (and released)...pics and video on the website under "Rehab Stories," "Bald Eagle Rehabilitated."

While I may be (relatively) BALD, I am no EAGLE! It is a distinct pleasure working with Raptors, which are our specialty.

All the best,
    --Morrie

13. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

I used to smoke a ton of cigars, and I'm a lawyer. Why the 1? No friggen idea!
    The name has followed me through many sites all over the net.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Way to make friends. :happy088 :happy097

You use to smoke cigars, and you're a lawyer!

The not knowing why for the 1, and wetshaving are probably the only things keeping the guys from shunning you.

Just playing, of course.

15. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

LOL, I am also known to be a *bit* of a grammar-cop. I think I edited my post (when I caught my typo) about one second before you quoted me.

I have tried to pull back on the grammar-cop ways, as this less formal meeting place called the internet seems to have relaxed the rules of the written word.

I just think that in a place discussing an adult habit/hobby such as cigar smoking (or shaving, for that matter) it is not too much to ask people to write (speak?) like adults. You know, shows respect for yourself, your audience, and the topic. I never expect (or want!) perfection, jsut a BIT of attention to what one is writing.

Just a quirk of mine. Everyone should (AND DOES!!!) feel free to ignore it.

16. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

When my Ma was in the hospital for some major heart stuff 8 years ago I got hooked on the tune "Soulshine" as sung by Government Mule - I listened to it just about every day. At the same time I began trading bootleg Black Crowes shows. I found trades were often times best received when submitted as "Soulshine" in comparison to "Bob from WI." If you happen to travel to a Black Crowes gig around WI, MN or IL and ask where Soulshine is there may very well be some folk there who can track me down.

17. Queen of Blades

If you're referring to "use", as opposed to "used", I actually asked a friend about the correct form right after I posted that. :o But I didn't edit it.

I used ;) to be a bit of a grammar cop myself, but as you say, the internet is a bit more relaxed. Not to mention I'm getting old, and the rules of proper grammar are quickly slipping away from my memory. I do however pay particular attention to my spelling. Usually. Some days are a lot longer than others, though.

Some how I feel I'm totally off base with what you meant though. :ashamed001 I can't figure out if you are chiding me for my playfulness, or for the grammar, which I don't see a mistake with. But, hey, I just spent 4 or 5 hours trying to order something I'd already ordered. 3 days ago. :ashamed001

I'm not on my game tonight.

18. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

No, not at all! I was making fun of MYSELF, as I had made the use vs. used error. (Before I edited the post, I wrote "I use to smoke....")

See, so even when I'm all careful...I'm still rather unclear!

19. Queen of Blades

20. patrisVII

patrisVII New Member

Well - it's better than moonshine and damn sure better than rain;)

As for mine - dad of seven in Latin.