Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Sweet brush! Let me know if you see another. I'm always looking for another good, two-pass, face-lathering travel brush. :happy088:

Though I have 2 or 3 already! :)

BearCWY, ob1page, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much. Have a great day!

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hummingbird endorsed shaving kit....For a fast, aggressive shave I imagine....I'm sold....

BearCWY, Rufus T., ob1page and 3 others like this.
  4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

ER 1924 is always a good choice!....my compliments to the chef.....I hope your recipe, cooks up a great BBS....

BearCWY, Rufus T., ob1page and 3 others like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

t
    Thanks very much. Have a great Friday.

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 15, 2016

Blade: GEM Stainless
    Razor: GEM MMOC
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Fine American Blend, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Cold water 3.gif

Fat Friday! I had great lather from Mitchell's and although the shave was comfortable overall I ended up with several nicks and weepers, at least half a dozen, all on my neck. That's quite unusual. I'm going to say too much pressure with the MMOC was probably to blame. It's a neat razor that I enjoy, and I've had good shaves from it before, so I'm not too worried.

I hope you have a great day!

SOTD 7-15-16.JPG

Linuxguile, Jim99, BearCWY and 8 others like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

July 15, 2016
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Chick (3)
    Brush: VdH Boar
    Soap: Nutragena French Milled Soap

For what is probably the last shave of the week, I thought I'd try the G1 with a soap that usually seems, if anything, to be overly slick and protective. I'm not sure if I got something wrong or if the G1 is just that aggressive in my hands, but I didn't see the smoothness I was hoping for. Nevertheless, I got very good reduction and a nice overall face feel at the end.

I can definitely see why a lot of you like the G1. For me, though, I think I prefer my J1 better at this stage of my journey. Good to know, though, and now I can turn my attention toward finding something like an L or M-series. For now, I'll probably take a break from the G1 and revisit it in SEptember.

Linuxguile, Jim99, BearCWY and 8 others like this.
  9. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

15jul16

Used my B1 repeater today! With a little use, this could be a good shaver. It was pretty aggressive today, but I know for next time. It's a heavy razor with alot of blade exposure. I kept the head flat against the skin to minimize blade angle. Clean out between passes was fast. No clogging under the blade. Each pass cleared the lather in its entirety. I used Arko and could have used a slicker soap because the head drug on my skin as it cleared it's path.

Over all a good and FUN shave. This is the most unique razor I have now and I'm anxious to use it again. Although, I'm thinking of skipping tomorrows shave to give my face a break.

I finished with witch hazel and will decide what AS I apply for the day when I finish posting this..... alcohol or lotion...hmm.
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, Jim99, BearCWY and 9 others like this.
  10. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Had a great smooth shave with my black Alumigoose today paired with a Feather AC Super Pro. This and my C2 and C3 repeaters are my favorite of all my razors. I used the refreshing Vision soap from Soap Commander and the matching AS balm preceded by a WH splash with Thayer's lavender and proceeded by a finishing splash of Clubman Vanilla AS lotion.

Bird Lives, BearCWY, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 7/15/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late post today, had to travel to Miami. Excellent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic. Wonderful menthol cooling in this FL heat from the Stirling Glacial MITA. Three easy passes and dolphin smooth. Have a great one folks. :happy069:

Linuxguile, mrchick, BearCWY and 8 others like this.
  12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I had one of those wonderful "can't go wrong" shaves today with my Eddison branded Personna Floating Head. Loaded with a NOS Personna II it was like silk. Fantastic reduction after each pass, smooth all the way, and a super close finish. :happy036: I have to say a word for the Castle Forbes as well - it lathered up easy on my face and was darn near perfect.

AOS Lavender PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Eddison Floating Head
    NOS Personna II (3)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Floating Head Eddison AOS CF TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

Linuxguile, mrchick, BearCWY and 10 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That is one ultra :signs021: razor Karl! :)

14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I never tried a G1 John but get very nice shaves from a G6.

I recently tested my Type L for a month and loved it with all the blades I used in it - Chick, Dutch, Twin and the FergieFeather. You reminded me of the Japanese Schick blades on another post that I haven't tried yet. I think I will put one in my L and try one of those out this weekend.

Jim99, BearCWY, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

July 15, 2016

July Focus on two non-Schick razors:
    • PAL InjectoMatic (3-Chick, 1-Dutch)
    • Personna Floating Head (3-Personna*74, 1-Dutch )

07-15-16.JPG

Razor: Personna Floating Head
    Blade: Schick Dutch (1)

Hot shower, cold-water shave.
    One-day growth, one-pass shave - ATG

I awoke this morning with as little 24-hour stubble as I can ever remember having, another indication of a great shave with the PAL/Dutch combo yesterday.

First three shaves with the Personna FH last week were with the Schick China blade.

I felt the blade more today. Not as smooth as yesterday with the PAL/Dutch, had a couple weepers on the chin. But every bit as close. I expect that this shave may also have a very minimal 24-hour growth.

I will spend next week continuing to get familiar with both razors and then alternate razors each day of the last week of the month for side-by-side comparisons.

Cheers!
    RT

Linuxguile, mrchick, Jim99 and 11 others like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG] Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Schick Type G 3
    Feather Pro Blade (New)
    Leon Hardy Pure Badger
    Haslinger Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Decided to Use My Schick G Type Today to Compare it to the Cobra Classic with a Cut Down Feather Blade with the Same Soap & the Same 2 Days of Whiskers to Cut Down.The Schick Type G is Widely Regarded as a Middle of the Road Injector in Terms of Aggressiveness..I would Concur with that.:)

I just Done this because the Cobra is Fresh in My Mind & I will be having Further Use with it..I Just had to Do this for Me Sorta Thing..Just as a Reminder..The Feather Pro Blade Does Work Well in the Schick G Type..No Bones about that..The G Type is Far Smoother & Far More Forgiving with a Pro Blade than the Cobra with a 1st Shave with a New Pro Blade..:p

The Schick G Type is a Bit More Aggressive than the Cobra Classic Though..The Proof was in the Pudding So to Speak..On My 1st WTG Pass it Blew More Whiskers Away than the Cobra with a New Pro Blade..Night & Day in Fact..I had that Much of a Whisker Reduction I decided to Go for BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave with a 2nd ATG Pass..:D

The Cobra Needed that 3rd Pass for Sure..No Bones about that..Its a Milder Shaver & Less Efficient that the Schick Type G that was Introduced in 1947..I have Far More Aggressive Injectors than the Schick Type G by the Way..:cool:

I have Already Said that I Like the Cobra Classic & I Do..I Just had to Carry Out this Wee Experiment to Remind Myself that these Great Men of Old Dedicated their Lives Perfecting SE Razors with Surgical Tolerances & Precision..The Blade is More Rigid an Precise in the Schick Type G because of a Lifetime of Endeavour's of these Great Men..:kar:

The Comb & Stops in the Cobra Classic are No Where Near as Precise or Exacting..I have No Intention of Taking anything Away From the Cobra as its a Lovely SE & I am Going to Say it Again..:)

I like it..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Linuxguile, mrchick, Jim99 and 11 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

T
    Thank you for your informative review.

BearCWY, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Great informative post Billy.

I'm intrigued (in your description) that while you describe the G as a bit more aggressive than the Cobra, you also found it smoother.

Hmmmm....an aggressive razor does not necessarily mean that it cannot be a smooth one at the same time.

I'm learning all the time. :)

"...I Just had to Carry Out this Wee Experiment to Remind Myself that these Great Men of Old Dedicated their Lives Perfecting SE Razors with Surgical Tolerances & Precision..The Blade is More Rigid an Precise in the Schick Type G because of a Lifetime of Endeavour's of these Great Men.." - BillyFergie

Amen to that as well! :happy088:

BearCWY, ob1page, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  19. Billyfergie

:thanks:Doug..:angelic007:

BearCWY, Karl G and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Billyfergie

Yeah..Thats Right..The Type E 2 that Opens is Far More Aggressive than the G Type but Smoother Again..:)

BearCWY, targa88, ob1page and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.