The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. GregShaves

GregShaves Member

Consider me in the Fellowship! Such and invigorating and refreshing feeling!! I also notice the lack of irritation, as my skin usually gets irritated easily.

I tried an ice-cold towel applied to my face as a pre-shave today, and it was excellent!

I don't know if I'll still be doing this once my Northern Alberta winter kicks in, but time will tell I guess.

navy mac, Robyflexx and PLAla like this.
  2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 7/15/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late post today, had to travel to Miami. Excellent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic. Wonderful menthol cooling in this FL heat from the Stirling Glacial MITA. Three easy passes and dolphin smooth. Have a great one folks. :happy069:

George X, navy mac and PLAla like this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Interesting seeing how this thread initially began as a discussion of cold-water shaving and began morphing into yet another photo gallery with many of the images seen here as well in the SOTD, 30-day, SR of the day threads. Not s criticism, just an observation of how forums can easily get fragmented in so many sub-groups with much of the same info duplicated.

navy mac and Rufus T. like this.
  4. Hank

Hank Active Member

Had my first cold water shave tonight all the way around cold water in the sink, scuttle, soak brush in cold water rinse face between passes with cold water, clean up with cold water....coate's lime shaving cream I a Sara bonnyman scuttle, a Gillette yellow 7o'clock in an English aristocrat Jr. And plenty of cold water. A very refreshing very smooth shave with very little irritation!

5. Robyflexx

Glad it worked well for you Hank. :)

navy mac likes this.
  6. Robyflexx

Sun. 7/17/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glad to be home today. Wonderful shave with the N1 loaded with a twin blade. Excellet lather from the Arko shave stick. Three easy passes for a dolphin smooth finish. have a great day friends. :)

barbersurgeon, navy mac and PLAla like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I saw someplace, pretty sure it was here, that someone put their witch hazel in the fridge. I did that last night and also added my after shave balm. And I can say that I had a great post shave experience and my face never felt so much better after a shave. Just felt so refreshing that it will be part of my shaving ritual. Just gotta make sure I don't think it's one of the condiments that usually goes on the shelf when I get up for a late night snack. Don't think it'll taste good...................

navy mac and PLAla like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Mon. 7/18/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A truly wonderful three pass shave today. Easy slick, rich lather from the Figaro Monsieur shave soap. This soap smells lovely and provides excellent skin care. The PAL Injecto-Matic does it again for a dolphin smooth finish. Happy Monday friends. :smile :):

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm still with you guys. Another nice cold water shave today.

cigarlover, navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Robyflexx

I'm glad you're enjoying your cold water shaves Brian. :)

mrchick and navy mac like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160718b.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  12. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

How did you make that banner

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. navy mac

I got that advice here and have been doing it ever since. I just use one of the door spaces and it fits about 10 aftershaves and a couple bottles of witch hazel. Add about three trays of ice to your water makes for a fully refreshing shave.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. navy mac

Yesterday was a great shave but tonight's will be a game changer. I will post picture tonight

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I used Paint to make the frame. I then take my SOTD picture (800x600), resize it (792x594), copy, and paste it in the middle. You can grab the frame if you would like it.
    zcold-water2.jpg

16. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Looking forward to my cold water shave tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  17. navy mac

[​IMG]

Tonight's shave was great. I underestimated the quality of the envy white and shocked at how good it felt. Naturally the Santa Maria del fiore provided for a very slick and protective lather and the wolfman did what it does best by providing me with a smooth effortless shave as always. Of course I had to go with the voskhod because well it works great and is dirt cheap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. navy mac

Thank you brother

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Super pic. I love that handle

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk