The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

All right guys I'm in! Been cold water shaving a few years back and it certainly helped with some irritation issues. But then winter came and the cold water from the tap around here is actually almost freezing, so I started using hot water again. Lately this spring, the water heater broke and it took me just over a day to fix it, so I thought "hey I actually used to cold water shave..." The only thing was the shower wasn't too comfortable! But when I finished up with the shave, it reminded me how awsome it feels during and after. Been cold-water shaving since, and although I don't have anything against using hot water, I don't plan on switching back... Unless the pipes start to freeze!

navy mac and Jayaruh like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome back, @Metro .

Robyflexx, navy mac and Metro like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 7/22/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic razor. Haslinger is a wonderful shave soap providing slickness and protective coverage beyond belief. The PAL just glided for three easy breezy passes ending in a dolphin smooth result. Have a great day friends. :)

Jayaruh, George X and PLAla like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Excellent setup brother, beautiful photo! :happy088:

navy mac likes this.
  5. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Thank you but what do you use to edit your pictures? I love the black background

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Robyflexx

Mac the black background truly is a black background. It's the top for my ottoman. For editing software I use Snapseed, if you play with the lens blur and vignette features you will acomplish marvelous things. ;)

George X and navy mac like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  8. Robyflexx

Sat. 7/23/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very relaxing shave today with the Schick Adj. injector razor. Route 66 soap provides excellent sweet scented voluminous lather. Three passes and I am smooth and refreshed. Have a great weekend friends. :)

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  10. George X

George X Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first post I read today was Rob's Schick adjuster cold water shave and I realized I have one of those all cleaned up and ready to go, but I haven't tried it yet.

Today was the day and I paired it with a local Colorado soap. The Stirling brush made massive cream out of this. I set the adjustor on 5. Smooth almost mild feel and I was expecting a meh shave, but what I got is probably my best injector shave yet. I don't think I could have knicked myself if I tried. I felt no irritation, but post shave alum rub did show some areas of irritation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

navy mac, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  11. Robyflexx

Right on George! :happy036:

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Used my Gillette New Long Comb with a Voskhod blade, orange soap with a bit of Proraso Green added to it. Slight irritation, but a BBS shave none the less. IMG_0611.jpg

Jayaruh, barbersurgeon, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Sun. 7/24/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful three pass shave this morning with the Alumigoose. This razor despite being large is very easy to maneuver and contours the face very nicely. I found it very easy to shave with it in either hand and that's a big plus for me. My only caveat is with these Kai blades that were included in the sale and that is I wish they had a bit more bite. On my XTG pass I required more strokes than what is acceptable to me so I will seek out the Feather blades. Tomorrow I will try it with the Dr. Bomber handle which was also part of the sale. This handle is much heavier and I'm hoping to remedy this problem to some degree. This Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap was kindly gifted to me by my buddy Ray with the razor and it's insanely cold. I believe it may be the coldest one I have at the moment. Love it! :love: I am dolphin smooth and refreshed, have a wonderful day friends. :)

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  15. jimjo1031

My first use of my "G". Pretty good BBS shave....... IMG_0618.jpg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is a G, is it not?

navy mac and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. jimjo1031

Oh crap. Gotta edit it. thx..............

18. Robyflexx

Mon. 7/25/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning with the Alumigoose razor. This Dr. Bomber handle really stepped it up a notch and made for a very comfortable three pass shave with little effort. This is a fun razor to shave with, the head is so long that watching the shave soap disappear reminds me of those professional window washers with their long squeegee's. Tabac shave stick produced it's wonderful rich, luxurious lather as always. I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :)

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  20. jimjo1031

Used my "I Just Had To" razor today, Gillette Super Speed (Y3) along with a Ladas blade. It gave me a nice and comfortable BBS shave without any irritation. It as as smooth and close as using my Schick G or I injector razors. This combination might have just edged out my favorite Flair Tip with a Lab Blue blade............. IMG_0621.jpg

Jayaruh, PLAla, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.