Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Today was the last day with this combination. Tomorrow I will continue the SE craze with my Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic and a Schick Twin blade I got from @twhite .
    sod160721b.jpg

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:sick013:The Twin Blade Doesn't Fit the Hydro..The Twin Blade Doesn't have the Cuts Outs to Fit the Rinsing Lever Mechanism to Hold it in Place when Opened..You Will Destroy the Head..They Fit all Later Schick's Except the Rinsing Lever Models..:shocked003:

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    zec668, Karl G, twhite and 4 others like this.
  3. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today's Shave: Thursday July 21, 2016

Ever-Ready 1914
    Gem stainless steel ptfe (4)
    Fine Angel Hair 2omm synthetic brush
    Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap
    Stirling Sharp Dressed Man aftershave

Yet another razor I haven't used in a while (although I use another 1914 as my primary travel razor). This one has a nice shiny nickel plated case (a "No. 16 Outfit" circa 1919 per Waits) and features the large blade stops that hold the blade securely in place.

As expected, the 1914 delivered a smooth, comfortable, mostly BBS shave.

"Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man."

--Bob

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

todays shave
    [​IMG]
    It has been a while sense I have used my Rolls. It gave me a CCS but was a bit Tuggy on my third pass ATG. I need to work on my honing skills. It is obvious that it will be a long process.

Tom

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A question for anyone that uses the Pal Injecto-Matic. How would you rate your shaves compared with Schick Injector razors. And if you don't mind, what's a decent price for one, thx..............

6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The early E2 is my favorite Schick injector. It's a great razor. One of the best. I did a shave off some time ago with it and the PAL IM - see post#3449 on page 173. Spoiler alert - the Schick didn't win. :scared003:

Usually they are in the $25+ range but some nice ones have gone super cheap recently - $15 or less. I wouldn't expect that to last.:kngt:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I will concur with Karl. PAL wins out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I don't have enough experience with them to give a detailed explanation but I just like the PAL better. I paid $30 for mine recently with a case and 2 units of blades.

Billyfergie, twhite, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 7/22/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic razor. Haslinger is a wonderful shave soap providing slickness and protective coverage beyond belief. The PAL just glided for three easy breezy passes ending in a dolphin smooth result. Have a great day friends. :)

10. Robyflexx

PAL Injecto-Matic hands down, it's in a league of it's own.

11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

I find it better than most modern Schicks,using a single blade. Schick adjustable with a Twin blade gives the PAL a run for its money.

I have paid between $ 15 to $ 25 delivered .

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Billyfergie, twhite, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Modern Twin Blade Schick [ Japan ] works very well in Schick Adjustable, for those who cannot get NOS Twins. Got some from Japan within 10 days
    of order.

to find Schick Razor Blade Refill Injector 11 10P New Japan

IMG_0761.jpg

Roderick, Billyfergie, zec668 and 7 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

I have a Schick Adj. with twin blades in it. Its a great razor no doubt. I still work twice as hard at the highest setting to achieve the same results as the PAL. So def YMMV.

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  15. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

I had my first shave with a PAL Injecto-Matic using a Chick blade and Soap Commander Respect soap. It was a Lime themed shave with the matching Soap Commander AS balm and a finishing splash of Captain's Choice Lime AS. A great 3 pass shave with smooth results all around. A definite keeper in my rotation!! Nice razor and pic Robyflexx!

Billyfergie, Jim99, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Right on man! :happy036:

Billyfergie, Karl G and kenloupa like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

And compared with the Schick Hussy? :rolleyes005:

Billyfergie, twhite, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:signs154:

Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

There's a shave off report for that, too. I put it off for a long time as I didn't want to see the PAL IM dethroned and feared the worst. He's sitting quietly to the right of the Queen now... :rofl:

So, silly me - there is a Schick injector that tops the PAL IM but YMMV. Then again, the Hussy is in a class of her own. :git:

I have a minty British PAL IM that hasn't been used by me yet. It might be part of a rematch down the road. I think I'll shave with it tonight... :happy093:

Billyfergie, mrchick, twhite and 2 others like this.
  20. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

For me, not even close, the PAL is hands down better.

Billyfergie, MPF9, kenloupa and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.