Soap Pass-Around 2016 Volume I

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jul 2, 2016.

1. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Route 66 sounds awesome! Also the Jeeves soap as. I hear great things about them

Salty Belle, PLAla and twhite like this.
  2. zoltetov

zoltetov Active Member

I'd love to try a heavy menthol soap or, in the alternative, just a stronger scented soap. I'll be throwing in the Tiki Set Sail. A very nice scent, but a bit light for my taste.

whiteboy_cannon, PLAla and twhite like this.
  3. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

I'll be happy just trying anything that's in the box no apical requests here .

Ken P

PLAla and twhite like this.
  4. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

Im good with anything as well...I will be putting a stirling in there, XXX, and im not sure what else yet.

whiteboy_cannon, PLAla and twhite like this.
  5. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

@zoltetov have you ever tried Stirling's Glacial Wintergreen. I just got some in a PIF. I'll see about putting a sample size tub in the box when I get it

Ken P

6. whiteboy_cannon

Hey that was me! Haha. Give everyone the opportunity to freeze their face off

PLAla and old-school shaver like this.
  7. whiteboy_cannon

I'll probably be adding a tsd soap, London for men type is the scent. Something in it burns my face. But still have the iced Lime tsd soap which my face loves. They perform great

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Sounds good, guys! Everyone has good quality items to chip in.

Remember, you can keep a soap if you like it. Just replace it with something of good quality.

Fun stuff! I'm glad we're enjoying the process and anticipating our turns.

whiteboy_cannon and twhite like this.
  9. zoltetov

zoltetov Active Member

Thanks! I've never had the pleasure! I can't wait to try it! :bounce015::Animatedfrozensmily:

10. Hank

Hank Active Member

I don't have anything that fancy to put in but I will throw in some of my favorite stuff

PLAla likes this.
  11. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I feel bad that I didn't have anything to add to the box. I will be better prepared for round 2.

PLAla likes this.
  12. PLAla

Don't feel bad! It's not a requirement to add anything. I'm glad you got to try them and enjoy some new soaps.

dustmite and twhite like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The box is on the move. @DaltonGang should have it Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  14. PLAla

Awesome! Thanks Tom. We're doing a great job of keeping the soap box on a good schedule. I'm glad everyone is excited about their turn!

twhite likes this.
  15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I love trying new soaps. I can see some new soaps being ordered, after sampling the pass around box.

twhite and PLAla like this.
  16. DaltonGang

The soap box arrived this afternoon. My daughter was excited to smell all the soaps. She selected the Col. Conk shave.soap. It's heavy on the citrus, and smells good enough to eat.
    I used:
    Semogue 1800 Boar brush
    Gillette Fatboy on setting 5
    Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow blade(15 shaves already on it)
    Avon Deep Woods aftershave

The soap loaded well enough, even though its a small container for the brush to get into. The soap face lathered very easily into a very fluffy, and very slick lather. This is the second Col Conk soap I have used, and I'm very impressed with their soaps, so far.
    The shave was smooth and a very close, almost BBS shave.
    The Avon Deep Woods made the shave feel great, and smell very good. I love the Vintage Avon Aftershaves.

RyX, dustmite, twhite and 2 others like this.
  17. DaltonGang

The second soap I tried was Barrister & Mann Bay Rum. Although I'm usually now a Bay rum aficionado, this stuff smelled good.
    The soap was a decent lathered, and was slick.
    I decided to test out some straights I honed, and it provided the necessary protection for the shave.
    The shave was finished with Avon Spicy Aftershave.

NickMach007, twhite and PLAla like this.
  18. DaltonGang

Shave three.
    Soap- The Sudsy Soapery Citrus &Bay
    Razor- Gold Dollar straight
    Brush- Semogue 1305 Boar
    Aftershave- Pinaud Clubman

This soap is my favorite, so far. I like the citrus and bay combination. The soap lathered very easily and was very slick. It provided the necessary protection for the shave.
    This might stay with me, unless I have a change of heart. :)

PLAla, NickMach007 and twhite like this.
  19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes that was one fine scent that one. The slickness was great too. Excellent choice for the keeper.

PLAla and DaltonGang like this.
  20. NickMach007

NickMach007 Member

I sent you a PM as well. But, I'd love to join and contribute to the box if the pass around is still open.
    Also if I have some smaller sample size soaps, is it ok to add those? I get the, if you take something add something of equal value rule, but I have a few Stirling samples lying around that I'm not using.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk