August 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 31, 2016.

?

What's your favorite part of August?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2016.
  1. The blistering smothering heat and humidity.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The way the blistering smothering heat and humidity make my hair frizz.

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. (waiting for cookies)

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Overdosing on Menthol in the blistering smothering heat and humidity.

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. The way mosquitoes thrive in the blistering smothering heat and humidity.

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Cookies. On with the program. It's too hot for this nonsense.

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It's a beauty. He is a talented man.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I don't believe so. The bevels are likely the same as DE intended blades.

3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Have tried the Omega 10066? Neal refers to it as his brush of shame, but only because he had no will power to resist it. I liked mine so much I got rid of my Semouge. I also pulled the knot to put it in my Dubl Duck handle.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

this would be the time of year when I'd be out there tackling the trails of the Rockies.

5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I thought it was as mild as a blue tip, and couldn't get a good shave with it. From the various comments I have seen, they are not consistent in this. I never could dial in the angle when ridding the cap.

6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

If you compare the caps side by side of the blue, flair, and red tips, you can see they have a different arch. I like my red, and can ride the cap with the flair tip enough to get a good shave, but the geometry of the blue tip prevents cap riding to that extent.

Keithmax, RyX, Rufus T. and 5 others like this.
  7. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Damn it. Gauntlet thrown, and picked up.
    image.jpeg
    Added a couple of other things too, because free shipping and I want to sleep on the couch. Got a kamisori style shavette that either uses half or full blades. It comes with 100 Royal Red Baldes. Also got a bottle of a Veg knock off that doesn't contain cat piss. $87 later, I told my wife you guys made me do it. I will report back.

Keithmax, RyX, mrchick and 9 others like this.
  8. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

@NCoxSTL the master manipulator. Guess this is why he is a salesman. Though I admit I am looking forward to seeing your report on the razors.

RyX, Rufus T., Douglas Carey and 6 others like this.
  9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

It's subliminal. Every time I read one of his posts, I have an urge to buy a mattress.

Keithmax, RyX, Rufus T. and 8 others like this.
  10. Hank

Hank Active Member

I'd like to participate I have a Fatboy don't know what year and I have an omega boar barber brush that I will be using all month I also have a mamma bears soap that I need to use up however I am next on the soap pass, I do have a question do I need to shave every day? I haven't shaved in august yet .

Keithmax, RyX, Rufus T. and 10 others like this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Shave when you can, and report your results. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'll take the heat for you. Nice pick up on that gauntlet.

13. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Ha ha. Really, what's the worst that could happen?

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome aboard!! It's been said here before - It's your shave - enjoy it your way! So no, you don't have to shave every day. Several of the guys don't and that's fine. We're here to help you learn, hang out, and would love to hear all about your shaves no matter how many you do. And, expect some shenanigans.....looks like a good month is off and running.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Are you implying that salesmen are somehow dishonest, or manipulative, or......even Machiavellian?! Hey, it's not like I sell used cars! (this year....that was last summer). I only suggest to people what they need and what is in their best interest. It has nothing to do with the commission I'll make off of my suggestion versus what they really want to buy. Really. No, I'm serious. Trust me! Besides, Adam started it.....he dared me first!!! Several times.

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well I need to work harder on the subliminal then. Not just a "mattress". Tempurpedic.......tempurpedic........tempur............

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Nice. I thought that was probably the case. SWMBO's Lady Gillette has a different arch from the others I have as well. And...it's based on the Blue Tip from what I have studied. Makes sense.

18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

No need to recall the man card this time. A little sensitivity isn't a bad thing. Or so SWMBO keeps saying anyway.

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Who knew that shenanigans could be so life changing?!

RyX, Rufus T., Douglas Carey and 7 others like this.
  20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm thinking of putting a lot of this discussion into an email to MD in the form of questions. If they won't tell us where they're made this kind of stuff might explode some heads! LOL

RyX, Rufus T., Douglas Carey and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.