Soap Pass-Around 2016 Volume I

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Hank

Hank Active Member

Does anyone really want to try or want to keep a soap that is currently iin the box so that I don't keep that one, I don't know if I will keep any but if I do it will only be one.

PLAla likes this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks for checking! Could you list everything that is in the box now for folks to see, or take a picture of it all?

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

+1. I would like to see where it's at since im next

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I believe I put inside a D.R. Harris Cream, and a Derby Cream. Both in tubes and original boxes. Other than that, it's as I received it.

5. Hank

Hank Active Member

Here is a picture let me know if anyone has any questions.

Attached Files:

6. Hank

Hank Active Member

Today I spent some time with the box here are my thoughts
    First up was barister & Mann bay rum a really nice scent good slick didn't shave with it though

Next up was the fat oh my god its the fat I've heard so much about this soap! It did not disappoint thick and slick very slick . I've heard this stuff is tricky to lather. But I didn't have a problem. The scent was clean and wouldn't interfere with after shave. Love this stuff !

Next was Tennessee whiskers cedar nice soap scent nice not strong and not long lasting

Next sudsy soapy citrus probably the strongest scent of any soaps IMO a nice soap over all

Then to finish up the Mickey Lee soaps nice soaps the scent of either soap wasn't strong I preferred the green scent over the peach scent but that's me .

I didn't try the maggards or the creams or the conk.

I hope I get 2 more shaves with box one for the fat and one for sudsy soapy.

DaltonGang and PLAla like this.
  7. PLAla

Yes, I love the Fat as well! Great stuff. Glad you're enjoying the soaps.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  8. Straight razor dandy

I have never tried mwf. I hear it is a great performer, but the scent is rather light and indiscernible.

whiteboy_cannon and PLAla like this.
  9. Straight razor dandy

I am quite interested in the mickey lee soaps. If you have use them and/ir smell them, please give your opinion

whiteboy_cannon and PLAla like this.
  10. PLAla

There is a definite scent. It's a very clean, soapy smell. One TSD member described it to me as slightly feminine, such as the smell that would linger if Helen Mirren gave you a hug. That's about right. It's a unique scent in my opinion.

RyX and twhite like this.
  11. Hank

Hank Active Member

Is anyone against me keeping the sudsy soapy citrus and bay? I really love the fat!! But I know there are guys waiting to try it.

12. PLAla

I think @Straight razor dandy wanted to try the Sudsy Citrus and Bay....BUT he was okay with digging out or extracting some and including it as a sample. If you want to keep it then please do! That's one of the bright spots of this pass-around. Keep what you like and replace it with something good.

13. Straight razor dandy

If you would please leave a small sampke, i would appreciate it. I just want to give it a shot. Thank you.

whiteboy_cannon, PLAla and twhite like this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

@Hank , what else Have you tried from the box??

whiteboy_cannon, PLAla and twhite like this.
  15. Hank

Hank Active Member

I've shaved with the fat, sudsy soap works, and tonight I plan on shaving with Mickey Lee soap works " green" scent. That will be my last shave with the box. I plan to box it up tomorrow and send it out Monday. I will be adding Provence Sante one of my favorite and first true shave soaps.

16. Straight razor dandy

Have you used the mickey lee? If so, how was it?

PLAla likes this.
  17. Hank

Hank Active Member

I've been offline for a couple days. I did try the Micky Lee soap it was a very clean fresh scent with sold slick but for some reason I just didn't like it. I don't why just not for me I guess.

18. Straight razor dandy

What was your favorite @Hank ?

PLAla likes this.
  19. NickMach007

NickMach007 Member

I know I'm last on this passaround, but I assume there will be a second go around at some point. I was planning on adding a Stirling sample or two. I also might be able to add mama bear or beaver woodwright. Any preference between these two?

PLAla and Straight razor dandy like this.
  20. PLAla

Yes, once you're finished with the box you'll send it back to me. I'll sample some of the new stuff and take and add and then I plan for a second soap pass-around.

I would be interested in Stirling and Beaver Woodwright. I'm going to be in a pass-around of Mama Bear from a different forum.

Straight razor dandy and twhite like this.