Greetings from Cocoa Beach Florida.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by richw2, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Welcome, we can certainly enable help you in expanding your collection! :happy093:

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. jacksonole

jacksonole New Member

Welcome! Cool Story. I have been a wet shaver for most of my life, tried electric a few times and didn't like it. Like most I used the cartridge brands or disposables back in the day with caned creams or gels. One Christmas my wife bought me the AOS shave sampler with the crappy badger brush, pre-shave oil, face wash, shave cream, and post shave balm (lavender scent). I liked it a lot aside from the brush and was hooked on that cream for a while. But at $25 bucks a pop and the fact it did not last that long I went back to the gels and stopped using the brush. Then after I just put down another $40 on cartridges and started to go thru my first set of them I was looking at the brush and thinking of the Williams puck soap I saw at the supermarket on day. I decided to google about that and how to shave cheaper and the whole world of traditional wet shaving opened up before my eyes. Watched a bunch of youtube vids, read the forums etc. Bought a decent DE razor (EJ DE 89) found my blade (Astra SP), got a couple of synthetic brushes and found there are so many great soaps (which last a long time) and creams out there. Most soaps I pay $20 or less for and they are cheaper and as good or better than the AOS stuff. So many quality soaps out there. I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have. Peace.

RyX likes this.
  3. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Hello!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @richw2 ! Use that search box. This forum has a deep history as well as a forward looking crew. If you don't find answers to your queries, please make a new thread. You are sure to get advice, opinions, and even actual information!

5. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSG. Looks like the ADbugs are biting already.

Plenty of helpful, friendly advice on offer, don't be too shy to ask. You're into a lifelong addiction.

Regards,
    Chris