In search of the coolest, mintiest, mentholist face freezing soap or cream combo.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by The Chebb, Jul 28, 2008.

1. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Whew! I'm turning a friend on to DEing and he likes his shaves to leave his face frozen. Any suggestions on an artic combo/trifecta? Thanks in advance! :D

crackstar likes this.
  2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

TSD Subzero soap for sure. I have not tried it, but TSD subzero aftershave splash should be a good compliment

crackstar likes this.
  3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Take whatever aftershave he's got and add 20 grams of menthos crystals per 100ml of aftershave. That should be cooling enough to last till the next shave :D

crackstar likes this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Menthol crystals only dissolve in alcohol. edit; menthol crystals can be melted, though. So, I guess you could add them.

If you're gonna add menthol to an already existing aftershave, I would recommend liquid menthol.

crackstar likes this.
  5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I thought most aftershaves consist of 50%+ alcohol?

crackstar likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

I don't know about that exactly, but when I make aftershave with menthol crystals the crystals won't dissolve in the fully completed aftershave (Alcohol, water, glycerin, witch hazel, aloe). I have to put the crystals in just the alcohol to get them to dissolve.

crackstar likes this.
  7. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Have you tried freezing the cream? Or shaving in the freezer?:rolleyes:

Seriously, Aveda, I think has a seriously mentholated cream called Rosemary and mint. Basically it is Menthol and a hint of rosemary. Very cold stuff this. As for additions, I am not a chemist.

crackstar likes this.
  8. OldFashioned

OldFashioned New Member

just use proraso green

RetLEO-07 and crackstar like this.
  9. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I suggest you talk to Jeff our inhouse resident Xpert on face freezing a fetish much appreciated by wetshavers.

That guy walks around with an Ice Pick in his pocket because of spontaneous ice building on his cheeks .

My own advice would be the combo of Avalanche soapstick by TSD with a Menthol shave cream I then flush with the MAX aftershave which contains Menthol .

crackstar likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Avalanche is a very, very good choice!

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

Jeff is the Menthol man :cool:

I looked at the TSD store, I did not see the Avalanche listed there....was that a custom blend? The only mentholated soap / cream I have is Proraso and MB Rosemary mint soap :o

crackstar likes this.
  12. Queen of Blades

Avalanche was a FO blend, and was replaced with SubZero, a EO blend.

crackstar likes this.
  13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Perfect, thanks JoAnna!!

I will have to put it on my want list :cool:

Does Ingrams cream have a lot of menthol?

crackstar likes this.
  14. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I've heard that Giovanni makes something called Permafrost or something like that. Sounds like it might foot the bill.

crackstar likes this.
  15. crackstar

JoAnna, from the level of the cooling, which is stronger, Sub-Zero or Avalanche?

16. crackstar

wow, Permafrost is super-cold. I love it so much! There are 2 variations--the Regular, and Permafrst Blue, which has a licorice like scent.

17. Queen of Blades

SubZero.

crackstar likes this.
  18. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Whatever level of Menthol JoANNA put in her latest batch of custom heavy-duty Menthol cream I got a few weeks back has got to be an insane amount. I now hang my meat (lol) in the lather it provides.

Based on the reviews of the MyTimeBathandBody Menthol soap/cream, I'm going to order some... but I expect I'll be disappointed in the Menthol content, after JoANNA's accomplishment. :cool::cool::cool:

crackstar likes this.
  19. diamud

diamud New Member

Tom's of Maine Mint is very minty and cooling. Not mentholy, but the mint is very nice and for 5-6 bucks a tube, a pretty good deal.

crackstar likes this.
  20. riffin

riffin Active Member

I love both the Permafrosts. He also introduced Menth-o-lator, an additive for soaps, creams and AS. It's in the Accessories section. I haven't tried it...yet :)

crackstar likes this.