The US West Coast Bunny Injector Pass-Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rufus T., Feb 20, 2016.

1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Glad you're enjoying it!

But...as they say, "Photos or it didn't happen!"

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ok West Coasties, it seems the Bunny is almost through its second lap in the west.

Here's the update of remaining shavers:

Bunny in
    California with @Beardbgone

Next stop - Oregon with @Hirsute

On Deck - to Washington with @MattCB and @The Other Donald
    Last Stop @Rufus T.

Any other shavers on the West Coast US who want a date with Bunny should contact me soon.

Cheers!
    RT

MattCB, ob1page, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  3. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Very true sir!

Rufus T., Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

My SE experience is from the Feather Artist blade razor types. I have the most shave time with the Cobra Classic and it is my current preferred razor of choice. I do own and use a 2nd batch Mongoose and the ATT SE1 as well. I'm becoming more interested in injector and single edge razors that I procured a Gem Featherlight.
    So I wanted to set the tone for where my perspective is coming from because as I relate my observations, i may be pointing out a feature that is typical of all injector type razors. I'm a noob to these type of razors so just an FYI :)

Shave #1

I like to approach new things moderately, in this case, I chose the NOTSO safety bar because it would be only 1 step in either direction depending on how the shave goes.
    Blade loading is something new to me and it took me a couple tries to get it right. By the third blade I injected it properly into the razor without damaging the edge. I shave in the morning and I stuck to my normal routine. My lather is thin and slick. I like it to the point of it being almost runny.
    I lathered up my face and started with wtg on my face and xtg on my neck. The blades feels loose but I know it isn't. It seems to chatter quite a bit. But face got a good shave with just 1 pass so I left it alone. My neck and jawline needed a 2nd pass (it always does) to clean up. I shaved atg and wow does the blade chatter! This is a more rigid blade compared to a de one so I'm not scared. I'm only keeping an eye in the shave. I cleaned up my 2nd pass and left it at that. No 3rd for me. And no nicks or cuts. I wiped down my skin with alum and felt some irritation on my jawline. I consider this shave a great success considering how new I am to the razor.

Pics coming in the next shave

Shave#2 Saturday
    Same setup and routine as shave#1. The dimensions of the handle is comfortable and feels right. No nicks just some slight irritation on my jawline like last shave. The shave angle is right for me and I got the hang of it pretty quick.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Thanks Tom! I thought I had a light touch already but the Bunny is keeping me busy by lightening my touch even more

Billyfergie, Rufus T., RyX and 4 others like this.
  6. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Shave #3 Sunday

A great shave today. Very minor irritation from the alum; much less than Friday's shave.

Glamour face shot
    [​IMG]

Business side shot

[​IMG]

Rufus T., ob1page, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad the shaves are improving for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Shave #4 Monday

Today's shave was really good. I love this Stirling Jasmine Sambac soap. I can really thin out the lather and it is very slippery. I am now going to be calling "blade chatter" something else. From here on out I will be recognizing it as the Bunny has incredible tactile and audible feedback. The blade is fixed solid while the tension of the spring makes it sing beautifully. I was initially concerned but I am comfortable with the great feedback. And the thin lather does not muffle the music at all.

[​IMG]

9. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Shave #5 Tuesday

I'm really getting a feel for the Bunny and I'm going to miss this razor when my time is up. The tactile feedback is nothing which I have experienced prior. I like the grip. My pinky rests on the butt of the handle and the shape is comfortable.
    Question: how have others been preventing water spots on the copper? I am having a tough time with keeping the razor water spot free.

[​IMG]

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Clean it with any polish or try toothpaste. You cannot hurt the finish as it is all raw material.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, Rufus T., Karl G and 2 others like this.
  11. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Thanks. I'll give that a shot

12. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Shave #6 Wednesday

I tried Stirling's Glastonbury soap. I loaded like I would normally but for this soap it was too much. It was a good lather but was a lot thicker than I like. So without extra time to keep adding water to thin it out I went for the shave. And the thick lather didn't give me any trouble. The Bunny has no problem cutting down hairs. It was an excellent shave. 1 day old whiskers in lather:

[​IMG]

13. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

Shave #7 Thursday:

I apologize for the delay in my posting. I had the opportunity to go on a 2-1/2 day fishing trip and I could not pass it up.
    For Thursday's shave I switched to the "WILD" gaurd. I have a theory, that has proved true for most razors I have tried, that if I shave at an angle where I start touching the cap of the razor to my face and roll the razor down just to the point where the blade makes contact to my face, it will not matter how much gap there is between the blade and the gaurd. I will always get the same shave. So I tried this new gaurd and my results have proved my theory to be true again. I got the same shave as I did with the "NOTSO" gaurd. In this case I started with not the cap but the spring touching my skin and the handle perpindicular to my face, with the blade pointing downward. I rocked the handle down till the blade could cut hairs and I shaved like I have been with the Bunny. Another great shave with this razor. I have really lightened my touch and the Bunny does it's thing.
    Tom is really giving a pro tip when he says to lighten your touch with this razor.

Bunny Wild.jpg

RyX, Billyfergie, Robyflexx and 4 others like this.
  14. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

So I have just counted the days and I have seen that I have gone beyond my 10 days of time with the Bunny. It is time for me to pass this on and I apologize for not gettin this out sooner. I am also sorry I will not get to shave with this razor anymore. What a fun experience that I am glad I was a part of.

RyX, Karl G, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

No worries Brannon, you're right on schedule.

This pass around was planned for about ten shaves per person in order to allow each shaver sufficient time to experience the razor at a pace that's right for them and have each of us provide reliable user feedback to the Bunny Creator.

I haven't been around much these past few weeks, but having read your posts, I think you've utilized your time with it very well.

Cheers!
    RT

RyX, Beardbgone, twhite and 3 others like this.
  16. Strgazr27

Strgazr27 New Member

Please add me to the list! Looking forward to trying it. My friend MBG75 just showed it to me and it's gorgeous.!

Karl G and ob1page like this.
  17. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Send me a Private Message with your mailing address and we'll try to hook you up.

Karl G, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ok West Coasties, the Bunny is almost through its second lap in the west.

Here's the update of remaining shavers:

Bunny about to arrive in Oregon to visit @Hirsute

Next stop - to Washington with @MattCB

On Deck - @The Other Donald

Last Stop - (if I don't hear from any other Bunny testers) @Rufus T.

Any other shavers on the West Coast US who want a date with Bunny should contact me soon.

Cheers!
    RT

Karl G, RyX, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Interested in Bunny action, PM coming.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Beardbgone, Karl G, RyX and 3 others like this.
  20. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Karl G, Robyflexx, RyX and 1 other person like this.