Tuscany, here I come !

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jmzeitouni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

Good day fellow wet shavers,

I'll have the great fortune of spending a week in Italy with my fiancée in early September. We'll be staying in the vicinity of Florence but with freedom to move at will.

I was wondering if any of you could offer references for special shaving-related "attractions" (shops, makers, barbers, artisans or anything else).

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm sorry to the admin, I didn't know where this thread should go.

AGHisBBS, Bobcat, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Have fun on your trip!! Italy is on my bucket list. I don't have any suggestions, but definitely browse the antique shops. Who knows what treasures you will find!!

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Check out omega, razorock, and proraso offerings.

4. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I spent 10 days in the Venice area and wasn't vintage shaving back then so I can't recommend anything other than if you visit Venice, don't eat on the grand canal. Enjoy the trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Suggestions from posts on other sites: Santa Maria Novella monastery, Proraso and Floïd factories (?), Münstermann pharmacy. Mondial is also from Florence
    I believe Tcheon Fung Sing is based in Torino, along with Extrò Cosmesi (Don Donato). Cella and Antica Barbiera Colla are located in Milan. Then there's Rome and Venice... Looks like you have about equal travel distances to Torino, Milan, Venice and Rome from Florence

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Very jealous! Have a great time!!!

Enjoy!!

7. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

Thank you all for the GREAT ideas !!! I shall share my experiences.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Bussemand likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

See if you can find some of that famous floid blue or something like that. I hear that stuff is hard to get and smell fantastic

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Buona fortuna!

10. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

SMN as already mentioned. Enjoy!

11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Hmm I will have to ask my uncle who is from Tuscany and my aunt who spent 7 years there. They married in Canada but moved to Tuscany for a while. They moved back to Canada and live 45 min away.
    Enjoy your time pre kids with your wife to be. Youth and freedom are fleeting.

12. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Wow, what a beautiful place to visit. I've never been but have been looking long enough to know that it is someplace I need to see. The food intrigues me the most. Have a wonderful time!