Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bscarpenter, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have never tried musgo real or floid blue. They just sound like things i may like so they are on my radar

2. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I haven't tried either of these, but I felt a similar "stickiness" after using Ogallala Bay Rum -- it has witch hazel as a primary ingredient. Having used straight witch hazel before, I recognized the way it leaves a slight film on the skin. I believe this is generally beneficial, even if the immediate sensation is less than pleasant.

Also, I read about people adding drops of glycerin to their lather (haven't tried that yet) and can't help remembering that, before the advent of cash counting machines, bank workers would dab their fingers on a small sponge soaked with glycerine to make the bills easier to count by hand. I wonder if they ever tried witch hazel?

cmorris357 likes this.
  3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Must be a high concentration. I use Stirling's Witch Hazel and Aloe, and Thayer's Witch Hazel with none of the same effect. The Musgo stickiness does go away after a few minutes.

opsimath likes this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The verdict is out. The wife said No!!!!! I put some on, this morning, without telling her. I then walked around the house, and by her, in the kitchen. She started coughing and complaining about the smell. She ran to another room, and she said, "you've been in that room, haven't you"? I laughed as she went room to room, gagging and coughing. Drama drama drama.
    It's a good thing I was on my way out, to the back yard, to cut down a few trees. Two hours later, aft e r the dirt and stink all over me, she still complained about the Pinaud Special Reserve. I have to admit, it's got some staying power. She told me it makes me smell like someone who baths in cologne, at the office, and doesn't know how overpowering the smell is.
    I can see a PIF of this stuff, in the future. There's $5.50 down the drain.

RyX and opsimath like this.
  5. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

That's how my wife feels about all the Clubman scents, though she said the Vanilla was slightly tolerable. I wasn't much of a fan of them either to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

what are her favorites?

7. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I just read this to my wife and we are both sitting here laughing. There was not quite as much drama. I'll give it one more shot before declaring it a PIF, but I did order Fine Santal Absolut that is on its way that will fit in that spot.

DaltonGang likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Try using a bit less. S. R. is an aftershave /cologne.

Fumble fingers Via Kyocera / Tapatalk

9. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I would say her favorite is the Gillette Sensitive Skin Aftershave Gel. She also likes the Cooling Blue Skin Bracer Aftershave and was surprised to find that she kind of likes Old Spice. Everything else I have she finds too strong. I guess she has a more sensitive sense of smell than I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Paul Turner likes this.