How Was Your Day? August 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Intrigued, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My big accomplishment today was trading in a watch I had just bought and getting a much better one. The old watch itself was fine, but it was so hard to fasten on and off. The one now is easier-similar to a belt strap. And the digits are HUGE. Both were/are Casios.

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I started out cutting down two wild citrus trees, that weren't any good, and a fig tree that wasn't worth the time and effort(poor fruit, and too many birds and squirrels). But it was fun working with my two chainsaws. I haven't used them in about a year.
    After that, I honed a couple of new straights.
    Then I cooked some of my homemade Lasagna. Mmm Mmmmm Mmmmm.

macaronus and ob1page like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Save that wood, let it sit for about a year, then use it to smoke some meats!!

macaronus and DaltonGang like this.
  4. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I've recently run into a few former co-workers. Last week was the first week of school. It has totally reaffirmed my decision to exit the public school system. I am so glad to be working where I am now. My depression is much more manageable than it was. A year into the new job and I still look forward to coming to work in the mornings, which is really saying something. I've got a good team to work with, I'm learning stuff, and my boss is great. Plus, one wall of the office is nothing but window... for the first time in years I can see the outside world all day at work. Life is pretty good all in all.

I know that most of the time, I only come in here moaning about the stuff that has me down. Just wanted you guys to know, that I have my "up" moments, too. It was a tough weekend; lost a dear friend--one of the elders at church passed, but in spite of this, I'm feeling pretty well today.

Intrigued, ob1page and richgem like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, but glad that your life is better, in general.

ob1page likes this.
  6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hoping that the surgeries will be eventless and that the recoveries will be swift!

How 'bout George?

cleaning minion.gif

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but at the same time happy that you're doing better!

Intrigued and Sara-s like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

George for the win, clearly.

macaronus and Intrigued like this.
  8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Another school year started (about 2 weeks ago), my summer classes are done (as of yesterday). Yes that is an overlap. But I was the student, so it is all good... right?
    Exhausted, but down 70 pounds (not having anything to do with school). Now.. where can I get some cheap Tabac??? Seriously... did the price double in the last three years since I ordered?

9. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Aaand then today my car started missing like crazy on the way into work. I ran the tank almost dry. Hopefully it'll burn out soon.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm feeling stoked! ;)

Today I had another day of stoking the steam tram engine as I did the last few weeks on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Apparently I'm doing something right, because next week saturday (September 10th) I will be doing practical exam for stoker. If I will do it right, I will be 'promoted' from apprantice stoker to apprentice machinist. Yeey!

hooray2.gif

ob1page, Intrigued, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  11. richgem

Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Lots of luck with the stoking @macaronus ! The hubby had minor surgery on his elbow today. It was done in the doctor's office under a local anesthetic. The doctor used ultrasound to remove damaged tissue from thee torn tendon in his arm. He's home, a little achy & tired. We are both glad it's done, so he can begin to heal.

13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Wishing the Hubby a quick recovery!

Intrigued and Sara-s like this.
  14. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm prepping today for the colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I found a glaring loophole in the liquid diet I'm to endure. There's no proscription on beer!

Happy birthday to me!!!:greet002::happy036::signs015:

15. richgem

Well, think of all the beer you can have after. :D Hoping all goes well.

macaronus, Intrigued and ob1page like this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nice, cool morning hike up the hill behind our campus, before the start of the workday.
    hike.JPG

macaronus and ob1page like this.
  17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

18. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Wait for it...

macaronus likes this.