which razor?

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Aug 6, 2016.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

More aggressive than the NEW.
    But as I've said before, I've gotten BBS out of all my razors, and you can, too. Just learn how to use 'em.

2. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

My Merkur Futur is due to arrive tomorrow (so the tracking says). I'll shave with it although I'm not due for another two days as yesterday with the old type I managed BBS. a pass WTG, a pass XTG a pass ATG. With me it's a thing I picked up in the army. After I finish I run my fingers ATG and if there is any resistance I go over it with the razor. This way I'm almost BBS even after 24hours.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I think that the new OC shaves smoother than the old OC, but as many people know, it can all depend on what blade is being used.

4. Haymaco

Haymaco New Member

Merkur 34c is a good start . I also have a Merkur progress that I currently prefer more. Also get a sample pack of blades and creams so you can find the one more suited for you.

Have a good shave
    J-M

5. Kypros Christodoulides

Although this is the second day after the massacre, I think I'll give the 34 C and the beast a try. One on every cheek.
    I'll keep you posted if I survive.

Haymaco and clint64 like this.
  6. Haymaco

Haymaco New Member

I Also forgot to mention , mantic59 has some interesting videos on youtube. This helped me out a lot . things like proper prep, lathering and razor technic is explained in short videos. Sometimes is not the arrow that won't fly straight but the indian puling the string . Also there are a lot of resources on youtube from fellow wet shaver reviewing various products.

Have a nice shave

J-M

7. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

As you are a violinist, be careful when changing blades. Keep those fingers cut free.

8. Kypros Christodoulides

I do take extreme care and so far I have either been lucky, or my Wilkinson blades are not sharp enough.

9. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD. You're at the start of a lifelong addiction.

Regards,
    Chris