How's Your Day? September 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well I'm diving head first into the photography business. It's really exciting yet terrifying. I've been shooting with a (d)SLR for 15+ years, been trained one on one with a pro for a few years...and I finally decided to do something with it.

Working at Safeway allows me time in the evening to do something else and there is a need for a more "budget" portrait photographer in my town. Packages usually start around the $700 mark, and right now I am way under that. I even put a site up too:

www.lukeradke.com

I did an all day portrait seminar today and have access to the videos anytime. It was super cheap and amazing info. So I'm off to practice that.

On a side note, the kids decided to being some super bug head cold home with them from school....I'm finally over it, but my wife is laid low by it.

Anyway...back to work!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

macaronus, Spud, Intrigued and 4 others like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Good luck, Luke!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Intrigued likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Best of luck!

edit: Those are some great pix on your site! I particularly like how the people look very relaxed and natural. I also like the effects on the "old" church photo.

Intrigued likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Earlier, I got an injection for my back-feels much better now. I am counting the days (5 more) until I can take this stupid boot off my right foot. Walking with it is probably protecting my ankle but making my knee ache. Sorry for being such a grouch today.

macaronus, Paul Turner, Spud and 3 others like this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Hang in there, things will soon be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sara-s likes this.
  6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

TGIF!! It's been a long, hectic week at work. Aside from this break right now, the only peaceful moments today was my shave. Looking forward to nachos and a movie with the better half tonight.

7. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. There's potential to do extremely well money wise in photography. It's unbelievable what people will pay for wedding and family photos.

lradke likes this.
  8. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Recently did a little soul-searching. Figured something out about myself...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today was a better day. I feel a bit better and got some things done. Early in the day, I tutored my student. (There is an 8.5 hour time difference, so it was late afternoon for her.). Later in my day, I made a batch of Pesto sauce, with fresh basil, that I grow. Then I primed some candle wicks (dipped the tops in some melted wax, so they will light more easily.)

macaronus, Erik Redd, richgem and 4 others like this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad to hear you're doing better, Sara.

macaronus, Intrigued and Sara-s like this.
  11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

When will you be back at the archery?

Sara-s likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The boot comes off my foot on Wednesday, so Thursday.

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

hey, very good :). I suppose my major achievement for today was buying my first shaving brush-a Burma Shave. Not a bad brand to begin with, I'd say.

macaronus, ob1page and Sara-s like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Picture please!

15. Paul Turner

sorry, I'm afraid I'm not the techie type. It should be in drug stores. It's small-ish, with a nice feel across the face.

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today was fun. I went to a crop (scrap booking party/ charity fundraiser) with my sister and got halfway through a large book, from a trip we took, to San Francisco. Then, the hubby picked me up & we went out to dinner. Just got home, tired but pleased.

macaronus, richgem and swarden43 like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Today is going to be a great day!! Dodgers can clinch the west if they win and giants lose!!
    image.jpg

Paul Turner and macaronus like this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I hit level 14 on duolingo dutch studies. After 160 days of study, just 10 sections to go to complete the course and obtain my golden owl. Of course practice and recall and usage are another matter.

macaronus and Intrigued like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Good workout this morning, then went to pick up my pre-paid for sport coat(a $599 value for sale at $99). I now have two sport coats purchased on the same discounts from the same place(but different times). Both are meant for 3 seaons(excluding summer).

Intrigued likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Will Scully do the playoffs if the Dodgers get in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.