Plisson synthetic.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I received today the synthetic Plisson brush and I had to put it to the test of lathering without shaving to see how it fares.
    At first I was a bit disappointed as I expected a little backbone like my Omega synthetic and boar but this brush is extremely soft with fine hair.
    It did make the best lather though of all my brushes by far without having to press the knot on the face.
    This really changed my mind on lathering as I always insisted on backbone in order to work the lather on to the face, but it seems this brush does not need it.
    The other thing that really impressed me is that it takes almost no time to dry, unlike my other brushes. The hair is very fine and there is more space in between the individual hairs than on my other brushes including my badger one.
    One thing I can surely say about the Plisson, is that it oozes quality, but at this price it should.
    The final line is that now I'm into DE shaving at last, shaving ceased to be a dreaded chore and I do look forward to my next shave. People have noticed I'm more presentable now that I shave much more often.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry. No pics, didn't happen.
    :p

Enjoy your new brush.

3. Kypros Christodoulides

I was trying to upload a picture, but it kept saying file too large, so here is a picture of the very one.

[​IMG]

swarden43 and RyX like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Amen to that, my friend.

Enjoy your brush, it is a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Kypros Christodoulides

Thank you, I intend to.:bounce015:

6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

The Plisson synthetic is a wonderful brush. I hope you enjoy using it.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Enjoy! Plisson is the only brush I use. I feel it has the best combination of qualities for my shave needs.

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It's one type of brush I haven't used, but it's on my list. Would also like to get a Tuxedo knot, I hear they're great.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You have good hearing.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. jimjo1031

And there's someone who lives about an hour from me that makes great handles.............

11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I only have 1 Plisson brush but it is 1 of my top 2 and always enjoy using it. Saving my $$ to get another.

12. Kypros Christodoulides

I used it again today. Surely the very best I have, also different than the others.

13. drone115b

drone115b Active Member

The Maggard and Razorock brushes are rumored to use the same knot. I have a 22mm Razorock ($10). As soft as it is, I am also enjoying how easy it is to keep clean. If I soak it in water as a pre-share prep, I find that it releases any soap deposits that may have been left lurking from the last shave. To be clear, you typically don't need to soak a synthetic to soften the bristles but I do so to keep it super clean.

14. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a rumor anymore so much as it is a fact. The Shave Revolution Evo and the Stirling Kong also use the same exact fibers. These brushes differ from the Plisson only in that they have a glue bump for increased backbone, which is personally an unwanted change for me.

If you're still curious as to how the Plisson would perform with increased backbone, then one of the aforementioned clones will allow you to experience this. I have the Maggard and RazoRock synthetics myself, and the RazoRock Plissoft is an excellent brush although I still prefer my Whipped Dog synthetic. The Maggard brush has the best handle by far, but mine has a pretty big glue bump and therefore too much backbone for my liking when compared to the Plissoft.

15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have two of the RazoRock Plissoft brushes, 22 and 26 mm. I use them rarely. Soft tips, and huge backbone, not my favorites. Also, they don't like to splay easily.
    I will always choose my boars over the RazoRock synthetics.
    I have not tried the Plisson brushes.

16. baddog24

baddog24 New Member

+1 on the RazorRock glue bump being detrimental to an otherwise decent brush. Reducing the loft of the knot gives a completely different feeling on the face. The glue bump makes the knot feel unnatural. The best way to create better backbone is to stuff the knot like simpson does. Of course the tradeoff is that the knot will not splay as easily as the plisson.

17. jimjo1031

I have two synthetics knots from Maggards that I installed into my own handles. A 22mm and a 26mm and they both perform great. While the 22mm is nice and on the soft side, the 26mm is my favorite. Good backbone and holds a good amount of lather.

18. TrentRTR

TrentRTR Well-Known Member

I love my Plisson. You'll never regret the purchase.

19. Kypros Christodoulides

It is my go to brush, I love the fact it doesn't use a lot of soap and it dries so quickly, It's like magic. Because it's soft it makes a great fluffy lather.

20. Grick

Grick Active Member

I got the Plisson 23mm under the L Occitane brand a year ago for about 30 Euro. My favorite brush. The softest tips imaginable with a decent backbone. Lathering up is a dream.