New Member from Dana Point, CA

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by CliffDweller, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Greetings from central New Jersey!

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

Hi Sean & welcome. Lots of great information and lots of nice people here -- I think you'll like it! I live in Seattle now, but I grew up in southern California, and I just love Dana Point. There and Laguna Beach, along with Santa Barbara up the coast are my favorite places in that part of the world.

I agree with you about blades -- if it comes from Russia, and has a metal coating (iridium, platinum, chrome) chances are it will work great for me. There are blades from other countries that I like, but the metal coated blades from Saint Petersburg are almost a sure thing!

Jim99 likes this.
  3. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Welcome Sean! I am a quasi neighbor as I live up by Victorville. Feel free to ask me any questions. I am more of a straight razor fan now but have been in this game for a little while. A Lotta of good info on this forum and a lot of local peeps as well.

Maybe one of the time I get a chance, I will bring my kayak down and you can show me some good areas to go.

Best regards,
    Steve

4. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Welcome to TSD!

7. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you, my man, and funny enough, I moved down here from Seattle about 4 years ago. Was living in Wallingford & worked at MS. I get back to Seattle about once a year, and I'm always amazed about the boom going on up there and all of the cranes across the skyline.

I am with you on how great life is down here. I've been lucky enough to live around the world (from Ohio, lived in Luxembourg, Zurich, Sydney Australia & Singapore), but SoCal is my favorite place I've lived. Yeah there are some drawbacks -- cost of living, crazy-high taxes, murderous traffic -- but, there's just so much to do and the weather is ridiculous, plus getting to gaze out at the ocean every day helps keep me in a good state of mind. And being a motorcycle enthusiast, man, it are just so many great places to ride around here. In fact I'm about to take a ride up the PCH up to Crystal Cove to get a coffee. :cool:

I just got a new job up in Silicon Valley, so looks like we'll be moving up there in about a month. We decided to keep our house down here and rent it out, and rent a place up there. Hopefully in a few years we'll be able to afford turning it into a vacation home.

I like to think that there is an MIT-style top-end university in Russia where the greatest minds go to study the art of razor making!

8. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve! Oh wow, you live up there by Apple Valley. I ride a sports bike, but the one time I've done dirt-bike riding it was up there in Apple Valley with a few buddies. Man, it's so beautiful up there, and there are endless trails & places to dirt bike.

If you have your own kayak you are one up on me, you must be serious! We mostly kayak out of Dana Point Harbor since it's just nearby. We also go up to Newport Beach area and down to La Jolla from time to time. It's great fun and exercise.

Thanks for the welcome!

9. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Actually I live in Apple Valley. I don't dirt bike, but I do mtn bike on some trails up here.

I just got the kayak this year, it was being sold by someone at work and I could not pass ups the deal. We have had it out once up here in the mountains but wanna do Dana harbor and LA Jolla

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Sean, welcome to The Shave Den! :)