Marvis Toothpaste

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by cubancigar2000, Nov 28, 2014.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

On several of the shaving vendors web sites they offer the Marvis tooth paste. Anybody ever tried it??

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm quite happy with Colgate.

Paul Turner and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

At $12 a tube it better regrow missing teeth and mend broken ones. I also prefer Colgate.

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

You just know there's a huge wet-brushing-community out there that would frown upon the sheer idea of using big, corporate soa....I mean tooth paste products when there are SO many great artisan products out there :D

richgem, Tdmsu, kurtmill and 2 others like this.
  5. TrentRTR

TrentRTR Well-Known Member

I was scouring old posts and came to this one. I dated a dental hygienist a few years back. That was pressure right there. She and everyone at her office used prescription toothpaste. It's called Colgate Prevident 5000. Store bought toothpaste really doesn't matter if it has fluoride or not. Legally otc toothpaste can't have more then your water. She used the Colgate prescription and also once a day she used a European whitening toothpaste she had the prettiest smile ever. I'd highly suggest you gents to get a script for the Colgate Prevident 5000. It's so much better then anything that can be bought anywhere else. I use it before bed. In the mornings after my shave I use Marvis, Botot, Euthymol, Elgydium, or Email Diamant. I like variety for my morning brush and those European toothpastes taste incredible. The Colgate prescription one though will work wonders for you guys. Highly advise you get your Dentist to hook you up with it.

6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Besides, few can compare to the great Vintage dentifrices.;)

richgem likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Haven't had a cavity in nigh 30 years. Really. I'll stick with otc Colgate. So far, so good.

TrentRTR likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Especially before they refomulated the tallow ones!

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For a while, I gave Colgate a break and returned to Arm&Hammer, but realized that I miss the "bubbles" you get in Colgate. And I use Act Dental rinse.

TrentRTR likes this.