OCtober 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 30, 2016.

?

It's OCtober. Any plans for Halloween?

1. Going to sit home and hand out candy to the kiddies.

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Going to lock the door, turn off the lights and ignore the kiddies.

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Building a haunted house for the kiddies, but just fun, not terribly scary.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Building a haunted house for the kiddies designed to scar their psyches for life.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Building a haunted house for the Cartel members - complete with vodka.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Attending a party on our own.....who cares about the kiddies and Cartel?

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. It's Oreo month you idiot! Why haven't you mentioned cookies?

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Mmmmmmmm.........Oreos.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Please tell that to my wife.

Shoot did I just post that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

File under:

Unwise Conversations

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great summary, Neal, and congrats on a fine shave with the 1918! IBS = irritable baby smooth shave. :)

4. Bama Samurai

12 October 2016

[​IMG]

If I must shave with DE, Fatip and Fat Boy at nine are my best tools. Two pass. Auto DFS. Veg. Killing it with no irritation on a day 5 blade. 42 and raining, the hay is in the barn and other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

5. Bama Samurai

@NCoxSTL

But even then, all destruction was being done via Voskhod. Nothing but the best, And when it comes to best, a 1918 at high angle with a Voskhod is newbie destruction par excellence.

Play the fight song.

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

And I remember where those Voskhods I was using came from. Russia, of course, by way of Colorado.

7. Bama Samurai

Or Russia via Kyoto.

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That may become my grail shave - performing a NIBS (non-irritable baby smooth shave) with the 1918.

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Cartel boys were just knee high to a MiG back then. So cute yet already so drunk.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ahem. Difficult act to follow.

OCtober; Attempted Diversion

Arko & B-400 Tuxedo
    EverReady 1912 & Gem
    B-V3.1 & Chick blade
    Alum and The Veg.

[​IMG]

I picked up a British EverReady 1912 SE, thought it try it out. Got about the same results as from an American version of the same razor. Thinking it's the Gem carbon steel blades. A little tugging on two days beard. After three full passes, I couldn't call it successful. No blood, but not good. The Bunny brought me to CCS on a fourth lather. Not a fiasco, or kerfuffle. Alum was reasonably quiet, & there's always time for The Veg.
    Especially after a night shave!

Fumble fingers post via Kyocera / Tapatalk (subject to later editing)

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD October 13, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick L1 injector
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Stirling Barbershop
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Barbershop aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Lather, shave, splash, repeat. This setup has provided consistently good shaves so far this month. I don't see a reason why it won't continue. Nice shave all in all.

Have a great day!

SOTD 10-13-16.JPG

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 13, 2016
    Wolfman WR-01 OC + Ti with Triad Ti
    Feather (2)
    Rudy Vey Rover with TGN Finest
    Fine L’Orange Noir Shave Stick
    Witch Hazel
    Fine L’Orange Noir

[​IMG]

A first rate shave this morning. I absolutely love Fine L'Orange Noir. Along with Platinum they are my two favorite aftershaves by a wide margin. So having a soap to match L'Orange Noir allows me to enjoy the scent throughout the shave. I find the soap very easy to use in shave stick form with easy lathering and solid performance. Sticking with my normal 3 pass shave and touch ups allowed me to catch the baby all over with the exception of my bottom right neck. It's not worth the hassle this morning so I will call it a near BBS. I finished the shave with a splash of Fine L'Orange Noir. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday, OCtober 13, 2016

El Druida Manchurian
    Mike's Natural Soap - Sweet Pumpkin Spice
    Gillette New Long Comb Rhodium Rose Gold
    Personna 74 #12
    I Coloniali Aftershave Balm

[​IMG]

14. countryheathen

countryheathen Well-Known Member

10/13/16

Almost the same set up as yesterday, except I changed the blade I'm using. I went from Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge to Astra Super Platinum. Great shave right off the bat, two passes with a third clean up pass no nicks and no weepers. I think we might have a winner here. Of course it could just be technique has really improved, so I'll go through a single shave with a new blade of each next week.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Norcalnewb, wmbjr, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Had to get a straight fix today
    Route 66 Casablanca Soap
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Kikuboshi Strop
    Kikuboshi Razor
    Alum
    Thayers WH
    Pitrulon Classic AS
    Have fun![​IMG]

16. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Oct. 12
    Soap - Proraso Green Tub
    Brush - Omega 10098 Boar
    Ceramic Suribachi Bowl
    Blade - Blade - Gillette Silver Blue - Russia
    Razor - 1937 Gillette Sheraton
    Aftershave - Ginger's Garden Aventus splash and cologne

Not sure what happened today. I was running late and went for a quick two pass shave. I ended up with one large and one small weeper under my nose. I think in my haste, I was not concentrating on riding the cap. It's been quite some time since I had a shave go this poorly. I'm holding off for a day before shaving again and will definitely be more focused when I do.

Norcalnewb, RyX, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

18. Heisenberg 93

Heisenberg 93 Member

20161013_131549-01.jpeg

Mongoose B3/ Feather Super Pro (1)
    Shave Revolution 24mm Synthetic
    Mike's Barbershop Shaving Soap
    Thayers
    Fine American Blend

What a shave!!!! Popped in the super pro to see if it's reputation was well deserved or not. Either my technique is solid as a rock or I am having great luck (sorry @NCoxSTL ) as I had a perfect BBS shave. No nicks, cuts,blood, curse words, or irritation. Really starting to love this brush even though I am a strictly badger guy.

Norcalnewb, clint64, RyX and 10 others like this.
  19. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have an inch wide strip of hair on my neck that runs from my Adam's apple to my ear. In order to get ATG on this I have to go from my shoulder to my chin. Over 200 SR shaves in, I still haven't figured out how to hold the razor. I normally do a N/S, S/N, and a chin to ear pass with a straight. That gives me a DFS most times, and does not give me razor bumps. I have accepted that I won't be able to get this on most shaves, and sometimes get surprised.

Norcalnewb, wmbjr, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Boy you just can't count on anyone anymore. But, as I've said before....well as we have all learned......Technique Trumps Tools!

Norcalnewb, Drygulch, clint64 and 4 others like this.