Anyone know the rough age, and value of this bad boy. Great condition, in box.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by WoMbAt92, Oct 12, 2016.

1. WoMbAt92

WoMbAt92 New Member

I have recently come across a Waltons Celestial electric shaver made in Austria by Payer-lux. Looking for any information someone may have.
    The box itself has an inlay featuring the English Royal coat of arms, with a bear and lion at the shield. The interior has seen better days.

Anything from an evaluation to just an approx age would be heaps appreciated

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

battle.munky and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I don't know if you will find any electric shaver guys on this site. I suggest searching previous sales on eBay for value info. Good luck.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Hey, @WoMbAt92 , I assume you are an Aussie. Don't see many electric razors on this site. Would make a great paperweight.
    zwelcome2aus.jpg
    I spent a week in Sydney back in '69. Lovely town.

4. WoMbAt92

WoMbAt92 New Member

An Aussie indeed, hahaha
    How do you know.
    I didn't realise it was all about the clean have :p haha
    Know of any forums by chance ??

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I saw "made in Australia" on the razor, and then there is your username. What part of Australia are you from? I would love to get a Darwin razor one day, or any made in Australia razor for that matter.
    Don't know of any electric razor forums. Sorry.

6. WoMbAt92

WoMbAt92 New Member

Made in Austria, not Australia.
    I live in Brisbane.
    It's not bad .. I like it more then Sydney personally.

Where are you from

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This was my thought as well. If you see any, see what people are asking, but also if anyone is bidding.

8. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

No idea. But the animal on the right of the coat of arms looks more like a bull. I'm not sure its the English royal coat of arms. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-V480 using Tapatalk

9. WoMbAt92

WoMbAt92 New Member

Go danm it I meant to say bull not bear.. My apologies

The royal coat of arms is the shield

10. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I would strongly suggest that the coat of arms is fake/made for the occasion - it looks like a collage of typical "heraldry stuff".
    Three lions aren't exclusively English and I doubt any company could get away with using a real royal coat of arms in this way

11. WoMbAt92

WoMbAt92 New Member

It all depends it could be a family clan crest, or it could be a signature crest by the country of which it was being sold.

I know for a fact that 3 lions on a shield is the royal coat of arms, look it up.
    The bull and the lion are the only parts that I can't put together as the closest I found was a unicorn and lion surrounding the same shield

PickledNorthern likes this.
  12. Bussemand

The Darwin razors were made by Fitzwilliams Works in Sheffield, England, Jim :)

13. Bussemand

I know - It's also used in the Danish royal coat of arms.
    As i mentioned, it's most likely a coat of arms made for the occasion. All the parts are commonly used in heraldry, and it's not totally unthinkable that a company would produce something like this to make an item look more exclusive.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'll just say HI, and welcome to the Den!

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'd take that shield and put it on a blazer, wear a white skipper's hat and neckerchief and call everyone "Lovey." But I would not use the razor.

Welcome to da Den!

RyX, PickledNorthern and mrchick like this.
  16. WoMbAt92

WoMbAt92 New Member

Oh definitely not using it....
    My family crest is a bit nicer looking personally I would prefer that hahah !!

Thank for the welcome guys.

Although if someone wants to do a test shave I have clean blades

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thanks. Now I feel old.

RyX and gorgo2 like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Always here for you, man. ;)

swarden43 likes this.
  19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Hi WoMbaT92, and welcome to The Shave Den!

Maybe the manufacturer would be able to tell you the production dates for your shaver?

http://www.payergroup.com/en/business-fields/shaver-groomer-and-beauty-devices-by-payer/

They might also be able to tell you if replacment cutting heads and screens are still available. If they are not, beware of the Chinese aftermarket replacments. The ones made for my 1980s vintage Remington shaver were so awful I switched to a cartridge razor, and a few years later to a safety razor. They aftermarket replacments for the Waltons Celestial, if any are made, might or might not be any better.

If you have never tried one, you might consider trying a safety razor and double edge blades. Even if it's just for the heck of it. Beautifully made gear is available at reasonable cost, and the blades are dirt cheap. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it's no big deal. Now that the folks here are familiar with.

20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!