Old Spice Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by jimjo1031, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Old Spice Shave Cream. It comes in Original, Musk and Lime.

crackstar and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I bought a small tube of Original cream and a small bottle of aftershave from India on eBay, but never got around to shaving with it. I was mostly curious about the scent compared to the Old Spice available here in Europe.
    There's a couple of threads about the cream here on The Den

Yehuda D, crackstar and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

Thanks. Did a search for some threads before but it didn't show up, but it did this time.

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I had the OS Musk cream. The scent is more fresh that musky, and performance was so-so.

If you are looking for a good inexpensive cream, I would recomend Godrej. Comes in Menthol, Lime, and Original. The menthol has a very nice clean scent and adds a touch of cooling. Godrej has lanolin which makes for a great post shave, and can be found for around $5 or so.

crackstar and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]

I have and use Old Spice Lime. It is OK, but nothing to write home about. The tube makes it great for travel. The lime is light. I don't know about other scents.

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I have the original Shulton OS cream. Like Jim said about the new P&G cream, it is just OK.

[​IMG]

7. jimjo1031

I've just been wondering how well they would pair up with their after shave counterparts.

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Very well.................

9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have it because of the name and the scent; not because it's the world's greatest shave cream.

I like to take it with me if I'm going somewhere that has soft water since it doesn't perform very well at my house in hard water.

As Bob mentioned, it pairs very well with it's counterparts. I have some vintage Old Spice soap on a rope for the shower and Old Spice aftershave from India.
    ...and, vintage Old Spice shave soap pucks, vintage Old Spice aftershave and cologne, new P&G Old Spice aftershave, mugs, decanters, lime, musk, burley... etc.

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried the OS Lime cream from India and although I liked the scent and lather, it gave me some irritation. I tried the OS Original and I love it. No irritation whatsoever. Mine is the Shulton version.

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I like the Shulton aftershave. The P&G one is ok, but Shulton is better. I should buy some.

Yehuda D, Paul Turner and crackstar like this.
  12. tazorac

tazorac Active Member

I've never seen a tube of OS in the store...

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

With the flood of weird OS products in stores now, I'm surprised they don't at least try to sell the tubes of cream.

14. jimjo1031

So far, I've only seen them from India.