Edwin Jagger Shave Bowl

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Matt0210, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

IMG_0425.JPG I was checking out this shave mug on the internet and really liked it. $30 isn't too much but was wondering if there are any better options out there. Does anyone have this mug? I really liked it because of the handle.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Frank Shaving has same type and porcelain as well, about $20.00 with shipping, if you can wait for it, China. Also a plastic version, about $15.00 shipped, or make offer, from Virginia. Similar, and probably plastic in Van Der Hagen sets. A white one, same type of handle, different mug shape, ceramic $17.00 shipped.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

You can get that same basic mug from VDH for about $20 at local stores such as Target or Walmart. The VDH set will also include a brush and soap.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The VDH one is the one I have. It is a great value.

5. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Is it porcelain or plastic? I've seen the kits that include a brush, bowl and soap. $25 is not a bad price at all

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Not plastic. It is ceramic, and the VDH Luxury Soap that comes with it is a very good soap for the price.
    1vdh_luxury2.jpg

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I prefer handmade, so I purchased my scuttles here and have been very happy with them. He offers shaving mugs and bowls also.

8. elduderino2412

elduderino2412 New Member

etsy has some cool custom stuff. Got this from symmetricalpottery(sp?) on etsy. Probably favorite shave item i own.
    [​IMG]

Pierce Jordan and tuxxdk like this.