Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Me, neither. That's why these make great fishing pipes. No great loss if you drop it in the drink.

2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Puttering in garage preparing for winter with my MM Legend with OJK/CM 50/50 mix
    [​IMG]

trey06dmd, BamaT, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I think I get steam burns from brylon, as I smoke too fast probably.

trey06dmd, BamaT, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Evening gents! It has been a spell but I'm back with a healthy dose of old Hal 'O the Wynd in the Kaywoodie. I forgot how good this stuff was!
    [​IMG]

5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Puttering around in the garage is one of my favorite things!

dbersh, trey06dmd and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I used to putter in my garage, but the '82 Magna needs electrical system troubleshooting. Got stranded last time I took it out. Not looking forward to building/ installing a full wiring harness.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS and trey06dmd like this.
  7. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

My brother did something like that with his this year. I want to say his is an '85 though.

BamaT and RyX like this.
  8. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Could go for a smoke tonight! Rough last few weeks between interviews, midterms, and projects. Busy grinding away at these consolidated financial statements and preparing for a quiz though.

BamaT likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

There is (was?) a forum dedicated to keeping Magna, Sabre, & Interceptors on the road. I could sell the bike as parts for more than it's worth if running.
    1982 Honda Magna.gif
    The electrical system is a spiderweb. I have it printed up 3' by 4' poster sized.
    82_V45_Magna wiring diagram half size.gif

BamaT and trey06dmd like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

You should totally restore that over time. Do you realize how much pipe tobacco you could savor while bringing it back to life? It's a cool looking machine, good paint.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

[​IMG]

Stuff I've smoked last couple of days...

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Bobcat and 3 others like this.
  12. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Starting the day with a custom cob with OJK.
    [​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  13. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Now enjoying Arrowhead in my Comoy 337. Have some time this AM for several pipes..
    [​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have been through it once. Rebuilt forks. replaced the cooling fan. Done enough wiring fixes to make it reliable for a time. The paint is my effort. Stripped the tank and side panels, prime finish, & clear coat. It's stock except for the HD Sportster tail pipes. Honda took the Interceptor Sport bike motor and built a Cruiser style. The 4 cylinder 750cc, water cooled 8k rpm red line is plenty for highway use. Shaft drive and dual front disc brakes at 550 lbs makes it fun and low maintenance. Being 34 years old NOS parts are no longer available. It sets higher than later Gen bikes of the same name, I have long enough legs to balance it comfortably at stop lights (Launch Sites!).
    My carport was open on three sides, but I bartered some steel roofing that is now re-purposed as siding. Only lacking a door to secure the area. That will give me a place to break it down, spread it out, and effect the repairs.
    Here's a photo when at it's best.
    fresh paint.gif

15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

IMG_0981.JPG

Captain Black Royal in a Mark Twain after a brief rain shower

dbersh, BamaT, Bama Samurai and 4 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fancy cob! MM with the original stem? Looks like a Kaywoody. I like it.

BamaT, Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  17. Erik Redd

No, I bought some bayonet stems from Pipe Makers Emporium (I believe they are going out of business now) and sanded the end down a little to fit. I prefer the mouth feel to the standard MM bits.

Vermont Freehand also sells acrylic bayonet stems
    upload_2016-11-2_19-10-25.png

18. Bama Samurai

[​IMG]

Chacom 296S with OGS

dbersh, AGHisBBS, Bobcat and 3 others like this.
  19. Erik Redd

IMG_0984.JPG

This is my first Lakeland aromatic, and even though I overpacked the bowl and probably should have dried it a bit first, I must say I was surprised. This has a different flavor profile than anything I've tried to date. I'll try to find the best preparation method for this, but I have to recommend anyone who hasn't tried a Lakeland to put this n their list. I'll probably stick to smoking it in a falcon for awhile, since I heard Ennerdale is renowned for ghosting pipes.

20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I'm envious of the shower! I'm not sure if the drought stage ratings are uniform across the country, but most of Alabama is in a stage 4 drought, which is getting to the serious level.

Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.