Gem bullet dismantling?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dangermouse, Nov 2, 2016.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to take apart a Gem Micromatic bullet tip, please? Which bits unscrew; what does the inside look like etc.

2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

You don't want to take a part any type of MM razor, they are made to never been repaired. People that succeed to take them apart and put them back together, turns out the Micromatics never went back to its normal function.

3. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

I've never seen a micromatic taken apart. Off the top of my head, I don't think there is any kind of accessible screw or closure device.

4. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

If I spent enough time with the patents I could figure out a way. BUT the main issue would be the following

the knob on the bottom is on a shaft that controls the open and close of the top cap. And from what I have seen in the patents, is that it is installed like the tto KNOB on a Gillette, BECAUSE THE SAME MAN DESIGNED IT>

5. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. How does the TTO knob on a Gillette come apart? The Fatboy/Slim have that piece inside the bottom of the handle that needs to come out first but what about the razors that don't have that.

6. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

the tto knob is crimped into the handle tube on ttos. the micromatic is as well in the patents.