TSD Shave soap review !!!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by cigarlover, Nov 15, 2016.

1. cigarlover

cigarlover Well-Known Member

Good morning gents !!! I received my TSD shave soaps last night and put them to use this morning. WOW what a great lather and shave. It seemed like I had enough lather for 20 passes :) The only way it got a little better was when I pressed the puck into my vintage OS mugs. Good job on the soaps and the scent rocks !!!!

Thanks Shave Den !!!!!!

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Which scents did you get? I have three full size soaps and a few samples from TSD. I echo your sentiments - great lather and shave!

Demidog, Spyder and crackstar like this.
  3. cigarlover

I got the Tabac and the Sandalwood. I love all things sandalwood. If they made sandalwood gum I'd chew it :happy036: I was surprised that it even lathered better and thicker than my Proraso Red and I love Proraso Red !!!!

4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Did you get any with lanolin? I used TSD lavender with lanolin for yesterday's shave. The soaps and splashes are solid performers.

cigarlover, Demidog and PLAla like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Here are some of the TSD soaps I have:

Iced Subzero
    Bay Rum
    Tea Tree
    Sandalwood

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm getting the Russian Leather soon-been watching for the order status.

cigarlover and Demidog like this.
  7. Paul Turner

My Russian Leather order will have lanolin included.

cigarlover and Spyder like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Lanolin provides great post shave conditioning. Make sure you let us know how you like it:)

cigarlover and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Oh I certainly will. Hope to get an update on the order soon.

cigarlover and Spyder like this.
  10. PLAla

I have Bay Rum, Barber Shoppe, and Yin Yang in full tubs, all with lanolin. I have a sample of Tabac-type and Almond. All of them are terrific! I have some of the aftershave samples and enjoy them too.

cigarlover likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

I wonder if the TSD Barber Shoppe is more like Clubman than Stirlings's is. Having said this, now that we're into somewhat colder weather, I think the Stirling B-shop will feel more comfortable to me.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    cigarlover and PLAla like this.
  12. PLAla

TSD Barber Shoppe is not like Clubman or Stirling. TSD's is more fresh smelling, like herbs. Basil and such. It's hard to describe. It's very bright and herbaceous.....nothing at all like Clubman. Stirling Barbershop is a little sweet and powdery. @Queen of Blades could maybe chime in about her Barber Shoppe scent. It's very different but quite enjoyable.

13. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I never understood how she could afford to charge the prices that she does on her products. I only have some aftershave splash and some preshave balm from her, but they were a complete steal. Without the balm, I'd be hard pressed shaving some parts of my face without completely butchering myself. I've just been hesitant about ordering soaps and other products from the shop because I don't want to get too attached when I know that they won't be available in the future.

cigarlover likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Just to follow up on the RL, I've been fascinated reading the story of how Imperial Leather got its start in the world.

cigarlover likes this.
  15. cigarlover

I don't think so. I think I just got the regular shave soap but it still has great lubricating qualities. Great products and great prices !!!!!

Demidog and Spyder like this.
  16. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

Looking at some of the scents. I am a little scared to ask what "Monkey Farts" is to smell like....lol

17. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Bourgeois chimp flatulence with only the finest bananas and insects. Or maybe just a powdery fruity scent. That's my guess.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

From the TSD Shop
    • Monkey Farts - coconut, banana and pineapple
    Probably much like a tanning oil.

https://www.theshavedenshop.com/scent-descriptions.html

19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have bought several tubs of TSD cream and really like it. Or maybe I should say "liked" it, because when my son started wet shaving, it was the TSD cream that disappeared with him when he went home. I recently ordered him another tub, and when Joanna offered the to make a run of Old Spice I jumped all over that.

I use a lot more soap than cream, but I have had a tub of TSD cream since I discovered it, and am disappointed that it will be no more.

Demidog and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Paul Turner

update-and now it's here :).

cigarlover likes this.