"SHARP" razor blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Stubble, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Yeah, we're an abnormal bunch that way. ::

Think I'll try some of those Sharps I have lying around next week. Also the 7 ams I also have lying around.

2. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Nothing Abby Normal (remember Young Frankenstein?) about it.
    Who can pass up free food and booze (not me!!!). Blades are a bit on the strange side, I will admit.
    Continue to have some available. If you want to try Sharps cheap, now is the time, this is the place. Hesitate and you are lost. You know you will want to try them at some point.

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Not that we would pass up free soaps, creams, after shaves, balms, razors or even a good dog either!:D

4. qaswer

qaswer New Member

That might be the reason for that as i have hard beard and it is really difficult to have a shave on 3rd day .

5. fritz

fritz New Member

What does 1 shave mean?

I wonder how some of you can get so many shaves per blade. Is it perhaps that you only do one pass? Or maybe 2, with the second just catching a few leftover spots? I do usually 4 passes, although the last one is just to catch the little patches here and there. Certainly the first two passes seem to cut about the same number of whiskers each time, and the third maybe a few less. So when I shave one morning, doesn't that really count as 2 or 3 shaves for those of you who only do one pass?

6. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Fritz, I always do a three pass shave. My beard is just not as tough evidently. Feathers received. The Sharps will be mailed the 11th or 12th. If anyone else wants some Sharps to try, send me a PM with your address. See above posts for details.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I haven't been in this discussion til now, but with the SHARPv2 I can usually get 3 shaves.

One shave for me = [1 pass above the jaw line, with some touchup on the chin area later on] + [3 or 4 passes on the neck]

John - :happy088 to you for your very generous offer.

8. Stubble

Stubble Member

I do a multi-pass shave every morning. And I routinely use a blade for 1 or 2 shaves, then throw it away. I rotate between Sharps, Feathers and 7AM blades, and no matter the blade, 2 shaves, max, and I dispose of it.

I've never had a problem with irritation or any of the other difficulties folks have spoken about concerning blades. From reading various posts, IMO some use their blades too long, and then get the resultant irritation.

Blades are the cheapest aspect of DE shaving, why beat up your face, to save a .15 cent blade?

9. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

For those of you who responded to my offer, your blades were mailed today. There may be a little something extra, so look carefully.:D

10. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I must be a freak. These blades just don't do it for me. I get all sorts of nicked up from these things.

I'm committed to IPs nowadays. They're not the sharpest, but I can get damn close shaves with them with zero nicks or irritation.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Free stuff PLUS extra "surprise" free stuff?? :eek:

My mother must feel so ashamed of me right now, for missing out. :ashamed001

12. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I tried a Sharp on a good day and a half's growth of beard and it wasn't pleasant. I ditched it and went with a Feather instead. I will try again with a normal amount of whiskers to be fair, but right now I'm not super impressed with it.

YMMV, and so on.

13. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Lagniappe, JoAnna. A very fine southern tradition, just a little something extra over what was expected.

14. Bandg

Bandg New Member

John: Thanks for the blades. I will give them a try and see how they compare. That was very nice of you to send the blades and provide postage. Now, about that food and booze.:rofl Thanks again, Bradley:D

15. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Hmmmmm. Bradley may be of Dutch heritage, but seems he missed the Dutch Reformed Church part!!! :D
    Enjoy the blades.
    I'll be right down for the food and drink ::

16. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Well, my package arrived yesterday afternoon. Thanks a million John for the Sharps....and for the bonus 7AM Blades!

I haven't shaved since Thursday evening, but I'm loading my HD with a Sharp and will give it a try tomorrow [Sunday] morning. I'll report back on the results.

My wife was surprised someone would just send me 'free' blades. I told her that wetshavers are just a friendly, generous bunch and really do practice "Paying It Forward."

17. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Thanks John, I appreciate the blades. They arrived safely on Saturday. I'll work them into my rotation and take them for a test drive!

18. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Ya'll enjoy.

19. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Well, I received an unexpected package in the mail today containing two ten packs of Crystal blades!!
    Thanks, Steve. I've been half looking in some of the dollar stores around here for these. I'll try them out soon.
    I've settled on the 7AM blade over the Sharps for my face and beard. Several folks have mentioned the Sharps may make good travel blades. As I'm taking a short trip next month I'll test that theory and see how it works for me.
    Those of you that responded to my offer received ten Sharps and five 7AMs. Let us know your results and conclusions.
    Right now I'm using a 7AM in a #16 English Aristocrat (all my razors are 'users') and enjoying it. Still not sure where the 7AM falls out in comparison with the Derby, Swede, and Feather, but I'm leaning toward a tie between the Derby and 7AM. While I'm on this English detour I may give my other English Gillette's and the sticky a spin. I've been in a HD rut for a while and its time to break out.

20. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

You are welcome John.
    I think I agree with you about the Sharps that you sent me, they are mild and forgiving but I think they are not suited for my face. I have only tried them in my Fat Boy so I'll keep experimenting with different razors. I haven't tried the 7 AM's yet, but will. I was almost afraid to try a new blade after my experience with Treets and Dorco's. My first bleeders in over a year. :mad: