7 Day Straight Razor sets

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Rusty blade, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have this odd fascination with 7 day straight razor sets. They are just so darn cool. Alas...they are generally out of my price range. But I live in hope that someday I will go into an antique store and find one that I can drool over...(with a ridiculously low price tag)!

Do you have a 7 day set? Where did you get it? Is there a story to go along with the set? Or maybe you made your own 7 day set...tell the story! Post with pics please...I need some 7-day SR eye candy. :eatdrink047:

Paul76, Karl G, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Good luck on your search, Rusty. The crap I find in the antique shops around here aren't even fit to open letters:(

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

You could always buy 7 Gold Dollar 66 razors, and customize them to your liking. Viola, an inexpensive 7-Day Set.
    I know, that's not what you wanted to hear, but it WOOULD be Cool.

Paul76, Karl G, COMPNOR and 4 others like this.
  4. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

Genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DaltonGang

Or "Insanity". It's hard to tell sometimes. My parents had me tested, I'm fine.

Paul76, Karl G, Zykris and 3 others like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have two seven day sets but they are not matched, well they are not even from the same manufacturer.

7. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

I finally snagged a Seven Day set made by J.A Henckels.... and I haven't even honed them up. For some reason it wasn't as neat once I got them.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Karl G, Zykris, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  8. DaltonGang

Pics??

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  9. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

ill dig some up

10. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

You'd have to be very lucky to find a decent razor in an antique store. I did find an NOS Bartmann one time, but never a 7 day set. You will find that most vintage sets are 5/8. Two of my sets were bought on shaving forums' buy and sell.

I have 3 seven day sets. One is Wm. Elliot 21, 5/8. The days of the week are only on the case.

Another is Schulze, 6/8. The Schulze blades have some faded gold wash and the scales had abalone inserts that fell out. The Schulze straights came in a leather pouch and are supposedly from WWII Germany.

My last seven day set is Gondola Souvenir blades, around 7/8 with gold wash and other wash. I bought this one at the Mebane Antique Auction in Mebane, North Carolina. It was from the estate of a woman's grandfather and was also supposedly brought from WWII Germany where he was stationed. They definitely had not been honed or used.

All these are great shavers, but I don't use them enough. Vintage seven day sets can really save you money if you think about the price per razor.

Here is the Gondola Souvenir. Each blade is for a different city, except for one that just says, "Souvenir of Germany".

DSCF5807.jpg

DSCF5809.jpg

Here is the Wm Elliot 21 and one of the blades:

DSCF5828.jpg

DSCF5838.jpg

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

All I can say is WOW :hooray:

12. DaltonGang

Niiiiiice

13. Rusty blade

Very nice. :happy088: And they look to be in excellent condition. Well done!

14. Rusty blade

I am bumping this thread forward in the hopes that some of you may have picked up a new 7 day set since I originally posted this thread. I still live in hope. Antique store season is coming up soon...

Paul76, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm up to three straights now. Four more and I will have a seven-day-set. I am thinking of making a case to hold them. Of course, they are not matched.

Paul76, Karl G, COMPNOR and 5 others like this.
  16. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

That's pretty much my goal. Seven razors even if they are not matching.

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

As much as I love to look at the old seven day sets, I wouldn't want to own one. What fun is there in that? A couple months ago I didn't own a one, and now I am working on my second seven day set.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Karl G, COMPNOR, Billyfergie and 4 others like this.
  18. DaltonGang

Pics, pics, pics, pics.

Karl G, Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

They have been going up in the SOTD every day, my friend.

Karl G, Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

A colegue at work collects old fly fishing paraphanelia, hence he is always telling me what's available at the shops. Just yesterday he mentioned they had a really nice 7 day set for only $1900 :shocked003: I've got to get Dow there to take a look and see how much they're changing for admission:)