UK Straight Razor Meet

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Ragnost, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Blade

Blade Member

Had some good news today - TI say they will donate a 'gift' (hopefully a razor) for the meet raffle. WOW! Do you need ANY further reason to come!!:D

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I'm not sure, but given the tighter restrictions in the UK on most weapons, I say yeah. Not only that, but if someone is trying to enter the country from the continent or N. America with a straight razor, I'm sure the authorities would love to know what THAT'S all about! :eek:

3. Blade

Blade Member

Knife-carrying in the UK is illegal generally. There used to be a blade length below which (I believe) it was OK to have one but feeling is running very high at present re knives because of the number of fatal stabbings that have happened over the last year or so. The effect has been for the police to stamp down pretty hard on anyone carrying a concealed weapon but boxed or wrapped razors shouldn't I think be a problem, especially if you can 'prove' you are going to a get-together. Bit different if you're nabbed carrying a butcher knife or machete, however.....'yes, m'lud, my client was just going to carve the Sunday roast/cut down a bit of jungle/ etc etc for his dear old mum' - I can see it now...........:happy102

4. fritz

fritz New Member

Thanks for the info, incredible as it may seem to me as an American. I suppose if you buy a knife, you have to have it shipped to your house? What if it is NOT concealed, but worn in plain sight? (Completely discounting the fact that most straights would make a very poor weapon, anyway.)

5. Blade

Blade Member

Fritz -

the laws here are strange. It's no problem OWNING a knife - there's a shop in the nearby town where I can go and buy a forces bowie or knives with armour-piercing points, no problem as long as I'm aged 18+(I pass that one, that's for sure!) - and let's be right, those sorts of knives are designed for only one purpose - killing people. And - at least to the letter of the law - you would be commiting an offence carrying it home! If you wore it in plain site you'd have an ARU (our version of SWAT) on you like a ton of bricks. It's carrying the thing that gets the Old Bill worked up. Off-topic a bit - did you know that over here prostitution is NOT illegal! What IS illegal is 'soliciting or importuning' - i.e., offering it for sale. Mad, but that's Brit law for you!

And I never think of razors as a weapon - they're a tool. Mind you, when you've seen a Chelsea smile it makes you wonder a bit.......:eek::sick007

6. Blade

Blade Member

Got more goodies for the raffle - but you have to be there to see them!! Nor long now!:D

7. Blade

Blade Member

Time is running short and the meet is NEXT SATURDAY!!! Anyone wanting to come should visit a Certain Other Forum and bang their names down. Don't delay - DO IT NOW and I'll see you there!:D

8. Blade

Blade Member

And don't forget yer sarnies!:D

9. Blade

Blade Member

Well it's been and gone now until the next time! All of you UK members - you missed out! Be there next time!:D

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hope it was a good one! If I'm ever in the UK, I'll look you up!

11. Blade

Blade Member

Hey Palmetto we would be pleased to see you! For all UK guys we raised a decent amount to send to BCH NHS Trust - I will post the receiprt if poss. as soon as I get it. Many thanks to you all!

12. Blade

Blade Member

Just as a closer to this thread - the receipt for the raffle cash can be seen over at SRP if you look up the 'UK meet' thread there. Thanks!