What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

My first vintage razor purchase came today. A Gillette J2 Slim Adjustble which I picked up for $20. Razor is super clean with almost no marks. upload_2016-11-30_19-30-37.jpeg

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Very pretty

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Dzia Dzia and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats!

Dzia Dzia and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is incredible looking.
    How do you like using Kamisori blades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzia Dzia and Jorvaljr like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's good news about that. Injectors are not as competitively sought on auction sites. Prices are generally less than vintage Gillettes. Also the blades used for injectors are thicker giving more shaves than most DE blades.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Love the scary keeness of the edges they take. It really keeps you focused during the shave. The heel and toe on this Hoshi looks slightly muted so that should make shaving with it somewhat less precarious. Using an asymmetrical kamisori takes a little practice, particularly if one shaves with it in the 'traditional' style (stamp side always facing outwards). I have done it in that fashion and with using both sides. Good shaves either way— but I like the challenge sometimes of the traditional kami method. One note on this Hoshi: its a standard kami grind, and I'm used to a left-handed kami grind so I'll have to practice with it if I want to do the traditional approach using my off (right) hand.

I imagine shaving with a symmetrical (western-grind) is very akin to a standard SR.

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I have noticed that. I'm thinking about not shaving tomorrow so I'll have a good growth to test when mine comes in on Friday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I got my confirmation today, so in four to six weeks I should have two new Koraat razors from a group buy, with a 25% discount, and 20% taxes off I don't pay because I am not in Europe. Great deal. Mine will have nickel hardware, with the hollow Spanish point in light brown horn, and the quarter hollow French point in black horn.
    IMG_5182.JPG IMG_5183.JPG IMG_5184.JPG IMG_5185.JPG

9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Wow.

Drygulch likes this.
  10. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Just got my Tabac. I like the scent. Reminds me of a mix between Vitalis hair tonic and English Leather.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I really like that first one, nice......

Drygulch likes this.
  12. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. Your L5500 was a rare bass with only about 400 made. I've still got to add one to my collection.;)

13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Nothing new, but I have a whole bunch of stuff coming, from five different countries, and it all seems to be going nowhere fast.

[​IMG]

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

they'd better get to you soon.................MEEPMEEP

15. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I just wish I didn't see this....

Drygulch likes this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I got it when G&L was still new and no one really knew what it was. A music store got it in on a trade and sold it to me for $350. Played it for years, got away from bass and traded it for a mint USA Strat. Now I am picking bass back up and want another one. Your pic isn't helping my restraint!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Demidog, AGHisBBS and PickledNorthern like this.
  17. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Martin de Candre has two new soaps out as of today - Rose and Vetyver. They are limited editions, but so was the Fougere apparently...
    Anyway, I ordered the Vetyver soap and a small bottle of the Eau de Candre Vetyver (thinking it will match)

18. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I have no restraint at all. This bass marks the 11th G&L for my wife and I, and the 48th bass total.

19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sweet!

AGHisBBS and PickledNorthern like this.
  20. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

That is a fine looking bass. I've always wanted a 5 string but I settled for a cheap 4 string with terrible action and dead notes galore. Before I fell down the wet shaving rabbit hole, I was in the market for another one but now that plan is on hold. Looks like you got a really versatile bass with a big variety of tones.

AGHisBBS likes this.