Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

_IGP7411.JPG

My first shave with the famous Pal Injectomatic was a nice one. I loaded new blades into both my Single Edge and the Injectomatic with the Vintage Personna Mini Hair Shaper from the 90s of which a recently bought some 700 odd of off the bay.

The Pal is definitely an efficient razor! I can see how with practice this could be an extremely close shaver. The grip has a unique feel with the broader width and grooved sides plus the handy ledge that extends from the bottom to set your fingers on.

The look of the razor is unique among injector and I really like the pinstripe-esque look of the lines on the head. Pretty much an equal result on both sides, but I have yet to find a razor that feels as smooth as the Single edge. All in all, these are both excellent razors that demolish stubble that turn scruffy pirates into esteemed gentlemen :D

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

What insert do you use on your Single Edge? The 3 dot?

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Waiting for my Single Edge to arrive from Supply, meanwhile not really suffering. With Twinsies top notch on 5 for the beard. Might try cranking it up for the head shave next time to see if it can get into top tier territory.
    [​IMG]

4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    CV. Heljestrand SE
    Boker Full Hollow Ground Blade
    Mason Pearson Pure Badger
    Haslinger Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had the Most Wonderful Shave this Evening with my CV. Heljestrand Hollow Ground Blade SE..This Swedish work of Art is just the Dogs Danglies..Air Craft Precision Engineering of the Day..This is One Darn Luxurious Shaver Indeed..These Blades are Wicked Sharp..A Shortened SR Blade in a Handle..Quite Ingenious..:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:kar:

Billy..:chores016:

5. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I have the V2 with 3 plates on its way, will be my first shave with Injector razor. Considering my overly positive experience with GEM and ER razors paired with Personna GEM PTFE SS blade, I have a feeling that the SP+Personna PTFE SS blade will not dissapoint

6. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Hey Tom,
    I have the two dot or classic option inserted.

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I prefer the 3 on a few days growth. It is a VERY smooth injector.

8. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Give yourself time to adapt to the major difference in weight of the Single Edge. After a few weeks, it becomes pretty natural, but it is the polar opposite of 99% of most injectors. I really like the all metal, quality feel of the Single Edge myself. Looking forward to your impressions:happy088:

9. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

There will always be room in my injector den for a bunny in the future, though:D

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

We are working on it

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Just remember that the Personna blades they send with the razor, while good blades, come in a finicky (crappy) injector. If you have trouble getting blades injected, especially the first one, it likely isn't the razor, it is the injector.

Your best bet is to either manually load the first blade, or sacrifice the first one and inject a second. When you put a blade into an empty injector, it can get bunged up, leaving you with a crappy shave and a foul mood. The Personna blade injectors dont help. I won't buy them anymore because they suck to load so much. I am excited to grt my Supply because I can easily load the one I have manually, and use them up to get rid of them.

Congrats on the razor!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Mon. 12/5/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magnificent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic. Excellent lather from the Arko shave stick. Three refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day guys. :cool:

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD December 5, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick I1 injector
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Ozark Mountain aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

The Schick I1 performed great again today. So did Stirling's Ozark Mountain. Great scent and performance! Enjoyable shave with this setup.

Have a great day!

SOTD 12-5-16.jpg

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTN December 4th
    [​IMG]

Pal Adjustable
    C Schick
    Stirling Executive Man
    Satin Tip The Purest
    Crown King Scuttle
    Homemade Lime AS

Good morning friends! Last night I had my first truly decadent shave of December. I made a wonderful, shiny, yogurty smooth lather from my Stirling Executive Man. The Pal Adjustable, The Shy Girl, whispered sweet nothings into my ear. Swipe by swipe the whiskers faded away and left not a hint of irritation. The Alum was silent, the AS splash was cooling and man did my face feel great! Hope you all have a great day my friends!

15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Way to go Andrew! :happy036:

16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Buddy!

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Fresh shimmed GEM in the Damaskeene, AOS tallow, make for a shave that sings. Baby dolphin butt smooth.

[​IMG]

18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Two great top tier razors :happy036: Nice to see them being put into action and delivering great results. Makes you wonder about progress in shaving systems since then. :signs002:

19. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I'm aware of the loading mechanism, there is also a trick I saw where you push down the screw and the plate loosen up a bit to inject the blade without damaging the sharp side of the blade, if that don't work then manual is no problem considering I wipe dry my razors after every shave, that leaves me with manually doing the blade after every shave. Not bothered at all about this even if I didn't cleaned the razor after every shave, considering how good are the GEM PTFE blades, these should be the same in quality considering is the same grade of blade and same manufacturer

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

So after getting lost in USPS space for a few days and tracking totally disappearing, this fella up and showed up on my doorstep today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The seller was kind enough to clean it thoroughly and load in a new blade before shipping. So tomorrow morning's shave is now spoken for. I've really enjoyed focusing on my Weck, but my SE journey is about to begin.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.