Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

It's a beauty! :happy088:

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hey Lloyd! My heart sings with joy to see that your thread is still going strong after so many years!

3. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Get ready for some amazing shaves in the future! The Schick G is a legendary razor that practically shaves you itself:shaver

4. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Robyflexx

Tue. 12/6/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful shave with the PAL Injecto-Matic this morning. Excellent lather from the Arko shave stick. Three refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day friends. :)

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thank you,my friend... And the same to you....I had to follow in your footsteps some what....
    Three refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish with my injector of choice....}8^D
    Only mine was my Schick Simplified Automatic....and I also used your choice for an excellent lather, the Arko shave stick has been my soap 'default go to' for many years now, and I just never tire of it...It always produces :happy108:
    image.jpeg

7. Robyflexx

Oh its beautiful Bird! Arko is indeed a winner in my book. :happy088:

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey Everybody! Look who is here!!! We have celebrity in our midst!
    THE ONE STINGRAYSROCK.....hip hip hooraya! Hip Hip Hooray :bounce015::bounce017:

Hey mang! :eatdrink047: How you doing? Are you back, or just visiting?

Man, Stingray here at one time, had piffed just about everybody on this site, something....most a razor or two!
    In fact...we were chatting one day, and I mentioned I was looking for a Schick I2 like my Pop used to shave with, and he said, take mine! BOOM! It was in the mail! I was born again Injectors and started this thread!

So the Stingster here is one of the Injector Party founding fathers....

Let us know what you are up to Stingy, and review one of your razors please! We have some really great Schickheads and SE users around here these days....Check it out! Sometimes this place really gets :git:

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD December 6, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick I1 injector
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Ozark Mountain aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

I'm ridin' the train! :transport022:

The I1 is so efficient and comfortable. I'll try the G1 again soon, but the I1 has been a great razor the past week or so. Stirling's Ozark Mountain is a terrific soap - great scent and slick performance.

Have a great day!

SOTD 12-6-16.JPG

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

December 6, 2016

Razor: M3 Schick Adjustable (4)
    Blade: Chick (2)
    Brush: Floppy Chinese Pure Badger
    Soap: Nutragena French Milled Soap

I thought that for day 2 with the Schick Adjustable, I'd try face lathering with what is usually a nice, slick soap and a soft brush. The lather was what I'd hoped it would be and I tried to work on not doing as much overshaving of shaved areas (the root of yesterday's technique fail). A good DFS, though I can feel a spot or two along the jaw that I must have missed on the second pass.

One of these months, I really need to do an Injector focus. I seem to get decent results from the two I have but really haven't reached the shaving Nirvana that the devotees speak about.

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I went from only ever getting so-so shaves with my one injector, to doing a 30 day focus, throwing away almost all my DE's, and starting a Schick collection.

They take a little bit of a different approach to shaving, for me anyway. I went from being a fan of medium to aggressive DE's shaving with slow, deliberate, no pressure strokes, to a quicker, almost buffing approach with a hint of pressure. I can't ever see going back.

I still like a hyper-aggressive type shave now and then, but that's what AC style SE's are for.

Merry Christmas!

12. PickledNorthern

My Injectomatic finally arrived! If it didn't have a blade in it, I would believe it was NOS. Not a mark on it anywhere. The outside of the case has a little scuffing, but it is still in good shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Robyflexx

:thanks:

Douglas Carey, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  14. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Interesting approach on speed/pressure.

I think part of what I need to do is some more experimentation with blades and razors. Right now, I only have a J1 and the M3 Adjustable and I've only ever used them with the Chinese Schick blades. I really think I need to grab some Personna blades and, possibly, some Twins for comparison. Also, I suspect I actually have a preference for the J1 over the Adjustable. All of which I need to work through at some point.

15. PickledNorthern

I like the J better than the adjustable too. Twins make them a whole new animal for sure, but just to my own point of view are ridiculously expensive and are just going to be a treat/novelty thing for me.

Some people really like the Personna blades, and TBH, I'm not sure I can tell a difference between the two. I have both brands loaded up into different razors, and never kept track. What I do know is that I DESPISE the injector cases Personnas come in, and will never buy any more as long as there is a choice. They might be cheaper than Chicks, but high blood pressure has a cost too.

Like you, I need to explore some vintage.

Merry Christmas!

Douglas Carey, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow, simply wow !

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

1914 with shimmed GEM, Argan oil appetizer, Tabac. Pretty friggin great for a hundred year old razor.

[​IMG]

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'd be interested in your take on the Personna blades. As @PickledNorthern said some people really like them. I found them to be totally unusable for me. I had to inject a new Chick mid-shave to get rid of the Personna. It felt awful. I thought maybe it was a bad blade, so I tried two more, all with similar results. Of course, YMMV, and my mileage said no to the Personnas! I remember @Robyflexx having similar poor results with the Personnas.

19. PickledNorthern

Thank you. I have been looking for one of these since I really took up an interest in injectors. A gentleman from another forum sold me this one at an awesomely fair price.

They seem to be much more common overseas.

20. Robyflexx

I hate Personna injector blades. How they can make such good DE blades and such sorry injector blades is beyond me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.