USA Bunny Encore Pass Around - Closed

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Alert... Bunny Whereabouts Update. Your name may be missing from this list! PM me to add it (see rules on original post...)

Reminder - this list is open to any CONUS participant - east or west coast, north, south, or middle. :)

The bunny is hopping along - below is the latest and greatest list...

1. Redfisher
    2. ilts
    3. Jim99
    4. Herm2502

5. wmbjr - (Has the Bunny)
    6. jimjo1

Step right up before the opportunity goes away. :shocked003:

AGHisBBS, Jim99, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just sell us the Bunny already! :)
    (pleeeeaaaasssseeeee!)

AGHisBBS, twhite, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

When it's your gunk it's Patina!
    Patina.gif
    The copper colored top spring is copper? Would vinegar and salt do the same hard etching clean that it does to old pennies? I won't with mine, but I'll leave a note under the foam in the case for my heirs should they want to remove my patina when they inherit.

AGHisBBS, Karl G and Herm2502 like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Yep! That's it! Go ahead and blame it on me!

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nope, wasn't trying to do that. My apologies. As usual I have the "open mouth, stick foot in" syndrome.

HERM

twhite, Karl G and Jim99 like this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Don't worry Herm. I'm having so much fun with this whole bunny pass around and your posts have been great!

Hey Karl and Tom, can we send the bunny back to Herm for another week or two?

RyX, twhite, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  7. Herm2502

There are a bunch of comedians here aren't there?

HERM

RyX, Karl G and Jim99 like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The springs are Spring Bronze. Not sure about the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, RyX, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Only if he promises to break it

AGHisBBS, Jim99, RyX and 2 others like this.
  10. Herm2502

Been there, done that. So I'm experienced.

HERM

Jim99, RyX, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not to worry. A very mild abrasive polish will restore that New Bunny shine.
    jayne cobb shiny.jpg
    "A man shaves with a razor call The Bunny,
    people know he's not afraid of anything."

Robyflexx, Karl G, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  12. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Herm can only have it after I am done. I sweated enough while he had it waiting to see if he was going to break it.

Herm2502, Robyflexx, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  13. wmbjr

My first shave with the bunny was last night. What a great shave! I started with the NotSo comb as I understand this one is middle of the road. Loaded me a new chinese schick blade, grabbed my trusty Stirling Soap, and set to work.

First pass I had to figure out the proper angle for this thing. Riding the cap has always been my mantra and so I decided to ride the copper on this one. Started the first pass and got some feedback and some reduction as I went WTG on my cheek, but also noticed it was leaving a lot of lather still on my face. Started over, adjusted the angle slightly, and went again. This time more feedback, lather removal, and excellent reduction of the beard for a WTG pass. I finished my first pass. I do WTG on my cheeks and XTG on my chin and neck. The bunny was so comfortable to use. I did have a little trouble keeping the angle on my chin and also had a little trouble for the N-S WTG pass under my nose. But no major issues at all. Finished the pass, splashed some water on my face to rehydrate. No nicks, no weepers, no redness or irritation. I had very good reduction all over for a first pass.

Second pass for me is ATG all over. Started at the bottom of my neck and again had to take a little time to find the angle. My chin is always an area of really thick, really coarse hair and sometimes poses a challenge. Well, no challenge at all for the bunny! Smooth sailing right through. The ATG pass ended with no irritation. A little bit of minor touch up on my jaw line and around the adam's apple. Ended BBS-Beautiful Bunny Smooth! Alum was quiet except in a couple of spots where I either did a little more touch up or where I had to find the angle. Otherwise it was a great shave. I am definitely looking forward to more shaves with the bunny.

I am going to give the NotSo one more use and then will move to the Wild comb. Shave may not be tonight but since I enjoyed the shave so much I may do all I can to get the shave in. @twhite you created a great razor. Love the functionality of the interchangeable combs. Absolutely stunning as well! :happy096:

20161205_184238-picsay.jpg

Robyflexx, Herm2502, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad you liked it.

I notice in the picture that the comb is not seated in the proper position. You will want to fix that.

Try wild first pass then Mild for second pass on one of your shaves. Shaves really fall into place after the 3rd shave.

Enjoy.

Tom

Robyflexx, AGHisBBS, richgem and 2 others like this.
  15. wmbjr

Fortunately I noticed that before shaving just not before taking the picture. Will definitely try the wolf and mild combo. Looking forward to my shaves with the bunny.

RyX, Herm2502, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  16. Herm2502

Good write up. Many of the same impressions I had. It's great once the angle and other issues are worked out. (Oh yeah, and after you figure out to assemble it. LOL)

Have fun!

HERM

AGHisBBS, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  17. wmbjr

Yea you would think assembly would be the easy part too. Good thing I am an attorney and not an engineer.

Karl G, Robyflexx and Herm2502 like this.
  18. Herm2502

So, as an attorney if you cut yourself you can sure the manufacturer!

HERM

Karl G, Robyflexx and wmbjr like this.
  19. wmbjr

I never did sign any kind of waiver. Of course the person that mailed me the razor could also be liable because they sent the item without any written precautions and should have known it was a dangerous instrumentality.

Jim99, RyX, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Bunny V2
    [​IMG]
    Tonight I decided to break out my Bunny. It has been a few months since I have used her.

Picking her up was a wonderful feeling. Once lathered, I took to shaving with a brand new Chick & Wild comb. I have forgotten how smooth this thing is. I could hear it loud and clear. It felt like it was not even cutting.

I finished pass 1 WTG, and rinsed my face. Sure enough it was cutting just fine. Excellent reduction. Pass 2 XTG went just as smooth. This pass was DFS. I had to go for the score. My Bunny did not disappoint. I am BBS everywhere.

I did my normal Alum block rubdown. No noise at all. Finished with some pretty darned good AS.

I am now ready to take my wife out to dinner for her Birthday.

Tom

Jim99, AGHisBBS, wmbjr and 4 others like this.