USA Bunny Encore Pass Around - Closed

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Or near me...

HERM

ilts, richgem, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  2. Herm2502

A little off subject, Rich, but is this you celebrating after the YSU Penguins advanced to the semi-finals?
    20161211_110511.png

HERM

richgem, twhite, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

No, that's one of my distant cousins. He's a bit of a ham. :)

Herm2502 and Karl G like this.
  4. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Shaved last night with the bunny and might try to get one more in tonight before it moves on to @jimjo1031 It really is an amazing razor. Last night's shave was my first since Monday. I decided to go all wild and crazy and just use the WILD comb for both WTG and ATG passes.

[​IMG]

The bunny was perfect. It was as tame as ever. @Herm2502 the bunny was well behaved--no bites, no nicks, no weepers, no irritation even. The shave was amazing. I had a dolphin with a baby on its back both get jealous wanting to know how I got so smooth! I am not sure I could get a smoother shave! If I get a chance, tonight I am going to try for the holy grail shave and go for a one pass ATG Wild comb shave and see if I can catch the baby with only one pass. Then, it will get cleaned, get a new blade, and get passed along to @jimjo1031

@twhite I know you get tired of hearing what an incredible razor you have made and I am sure you get tired of looking at them all the time. So, I promise not to tell you how good it is anymore if you will just send me one. :happy102:Truthfully though, I believe you have created a remarkable piece of art that gives me one of the best shaves I have ever had. :happy096:

20161215_072323-picsay.jpg

ilts, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thanks. I am really amazed at how well it turned out.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilts, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  6. Herm2502

Glad you're enjoying the Bunny. Through it is a remarkable razor the old YMMV rule still comes into play. It's probably my favorite injector, but I still never got a BBS (at least I don't think so, I may be too picky.) It's a great piece of workmanship that amazes me. If I attempted something like that it would come out looking like some weapon of mass destruction, not the elegant Bunny.

Enjoy your WIL/ATG attempt!

HERM

BeShaved, ilts, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

HERM

Now I want one of your WMD razors. It sounds like fun.

Tom

BeShaved, Herm2502, ilts and 3 others like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Tick Tock, Tick Tock... Once the Bunny reaches jimj01 the registration period for signing up for the Bunny will countdown and expire two days after it reaches him. I'll send out an alert when the countdown begins but if you don't want to risk being left out, simply PM me to add your name to the list (see rules on original post...)

Reminder - this list is open to any CONUS participant - east or west coast, north, south, or middle. :)

The bunny is on the move again - below is the latest and greatest list...

1. Redfisher
    2. ilts
    3. Jim99
    4. Herm2502
    5. wmbjr

6. jimjo1 (Waiting on the Bunny)

Step right up before the opportunity goes away. :shocked003:

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, wmbjr and 2 others like this.
  9. Herm2502

Watch for my $10 sale...lol

HERM

BeShaved, Karl G and twhite like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ok, I really didn't think of checking for the Bunny to be delivered on a Sunday, but lo and behold, it was. Even though it wasn't til now that I realized it because I was just checking the tracking to see if it would be here on Monday's normal delivery time. But it arrived here safely and I will be using it sometime today.

BeShaved, Herm2502, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Jim, you're in for a real treat! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

BeShaved, Herm2502, RyX and 2 others like this.
  12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Countdown Has Begun... Open registration will no longer be available on Thursday. :shocked003: Sign up today and treat yourself to one of the best shaves you will ever get. No kidding. :happy036:

BeShaved, RyX, wmbjr and 2 others like this.
  13. jimjo1031

Bunny Injector Razor
    Personna Injector Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Proraso Green Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

This is my first shave with the Bunny and I remembered on a video from @twhite he said that you might have to wiggle the blade holder a bit to insert the blade properly. Well, I was prepared for that, but I didn't have a problem as the Personna blade inserted without a hitch. I did notice that the blade, after it was in, did not completely touch the blade stops. So I just nudged it forward with a jeweler's screwdriver, no big deal. After lathering, I had to remind myself that since there was no curve to the handle as on the Schicks, to keep the Bunny at a different angle. So, first pass (WTG) with the "notso" comb in place went pretty smooth and I could tell it was going to be a really close shave. Second pass (XTG) also went great as my trouble areas were mowed down with much less effort. Now the third pass (ATG), I did have a bit of difficulty, not the razor's fault, but the "notso" comb felt a bit more aggressive on it's third pass than the first two passes. I did have a couple of weepers on my neck, but that is where it's most sensitive and troublesome for me. There were a couple times I thought the razor was going to slip from my fingers, but it didn't. Me personally, I would prefer a wider handle, with some grooves like the earlier Bunny, but not a big deal really. When I was done shaving, I noticed right away how smooth and close the shave was and it was a great BBS shave. On my next shave, if it'll be tomorrow or not because of how close the shave was, I will use the "mild" comb for all three passes and see if the ATG pass is any smoother, which I'm thinking it will be. For being a close and smooth shave, it rivals my Gem G-Bar and I will be able to know more tomorrow by how much stubble I have on my face.

IMG_0931.jpg

wmbjr, ilts, Herm2502 and 5 others like this.
  14. jimjo1031

Bunny Injector Razor
    Personna Injector Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Derby Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Barbasol Brisk After Shave

Decided to shave today after all, second with the Bunny, but went with a two passer, WTG & ATG, with some touch up. Used the "mild" comb and didn't have the couple of weepers as yesterday's shave. Felt better and it came real close to being a BBS shave, so let's say it was a very good DFS. Overall a really good experience for being a quick shave.

IMG_0934.jpg

Jim99, wmbjr, ilts and 4 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Upside - once you get the technique down The Bunny gives great close beard reduction with few errors.
    Downside - it shaves so well, unless you have a fast growing beard, you might have to skip a day to give it something to work on.
    upside downside.png

Jim99, wmbjr, ilts and 3 others like this.
  16. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

is the bunny aluminum or SS? it looks more like aluminum to me

RyX and Karl G like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It is Aluminum. And the spring is Bronze.

Tom

BeShaved, Jim99, blashe and 4 others like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

@blashe do you want to give it a shot? It's not too late to be added to the passaround. You'll get it next after @jimjo1031 :)

blashe and twhite like this.
  19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Go for it.

BeShaved, blashe, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Do it... all the cool kids are! And you want to be cool, don't you?!

BeShaved, blashe, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.