SoS: December 12, 2016 - December 18, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sid James

Sid James Well-Known Member

Thursday 15th December

The Hulk
    AdP Collezione Barbiere Cream
    Hayashi Diamond
    AdP Collezione Barbiere Balm
    AdP Colonia Club​

image.jpeg

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette Executive Gold Adjustable Fat Boy (F 1) 1960.
    Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (1)
    Brush: DFS LE Nathan Clark Envy White Handle Aluminum Color, Anodized Dark Bronze.
    Soap: Reef Point Soaps Classic Barbershop
    Aftershave: Myrsol F./Extra

A very close comfortable 3 pass shave with a cleanup. This is a new blade to me so I'll wait for a few shaves before I comment. The Classic Barbershop has a clean, masculine scent reminiscent of traditional barbershop aftershave with hints of orange peel and spices. Lathers up very well. Again I didn't find it as slick as some of the other soaps I have.
    Very cold and windy day today. A severe Winter storm warning is in effect. Baden down the hatches.
    15 15 16b.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

TGIF Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Schick E2
    Blade: Schick (D5)
    Brush: Thäter Cocobolo 2-band 24mm
    Bowl: Wedgwood China Pedestal Bowl 4 ½”
    Pre Shave Scrub: Tiki 1920’s Barber Shoppe
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Lavender\Sandalwood
    Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
    Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Guys, there's been a change in my planned shave for Friday:

Here it is!

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra day 5
    Palmolive Menthol S/C :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Havana EdT

I decided to upgrade to a more strongly-mentholated cream - what the heck, why not? After all, I'm hopelessly-addicted to menthol as it is so what's a level or two higher? It's also time to start enjoying the Penguin again! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg Palmolive_Menthol_Shaving_Cream_Tube__57174_1374151550_1200_1200.jpg gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg 51D5VlHQD3L.jpg

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Beautiful picture Guy.

6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Doug!
    Just handed the calendar,(delivered to neighbor) Thanks my friend, now need to find a spot to hang it in the den.

7. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Schick Injector Type M
    Schick blade
    Maggards 24mm marble handle synthetic brush
    Tabac soap
    Pinaud Clubman aftershave

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Friends at TSD,
    You might have noticed that I am making concerted attempts to find a "titanic-worthy" soap. Recently, I did successfully finish a tub of Mystic Water Sandalwood Rose. Brutalt Bra was a disaster and the Jabonman turned out to be too good to not ration. Now I am going to go back to my tried and true Dusy Kabinett.
    This is a very hard soap, so I might be still working through this puck next February. :) But at least I know that my skin approves.
    IMG_9298.jpg

Extra credit for anyone who correctly identifies the container...:signs002:

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Fun shave. The Weber and RR bamboo are great together. Tcheon Fung Sing BFF is nice, that's Joe from RazoRock on the lid. Puros is a nice Tabacco aftershave. IMG_4614.JPG

10. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

SOTD 12-15

Used a sample of K Shave Worx shave gingerly today. Everything I could ask for in a soap! Great cushion, slickness, scent strength etc... Actually one of the stronger scents in my opinion. Followed up with Stirling grapefruit splash with added menthol. Good stuff![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Decadent December!!

December 15

Razor - 1946-47 Gillette Aristocrat
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - Semogue 620
    Post - Alum

One more day on the Rapira PL with the Aristocrat. Subbing in the Route 66 Sweeney Todd and Semogue today. I ordered a few samples of the Route 66 to try a few scents. See what else I might like. The lather was awesome with the Todd again and I found myself humming a couple of the tunes from the musical/movie. Probably a good thing I wasn't using a straight. I might have set up shop and tried attracting a few customers.

Two passes and a touch up to a near BBS and it's smooth, smooth, smooth feeling from the lanolin. Love it. Alum was quiet again so that's three days in a row of really excellent and decadent shaves from the 'Crat and Plux. I'll haveto see what I can do tomorrow to keep it coming!

Halfway through December already! Great month with a lot of fantastic gear and shaves. Being decadent is SOOOO much fun!

[​IMG]

Sparrow, Jayaruh, Bobcat and 16 others like this.
  13. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

Today was a bit nuts, but I'll stick to the shaving story.

Lately, after executing a speed shave with the Cremo Cooling, about 18-24 hours later, my face really starts to itch and become very irritated. Today, I needed to speed shave again. The Cremo Cooling and I gave each other a cold glare. Then it struck me, and I remembered something I bought for my wife last Christmas. I immediately bolted to her bathroom, rifled though her “organized” disarray of various shapes and sizes of squeeze, pump, and pour vessels, and absconded with her unscented Kiss My Face. I was impressed with the results and if I don’t start clawing at my face by tomorrow, the Kiss My Face will take up permanent residence in my den.

SOTD - 2016-12-15 - Enhanced.jpg

Razor: 1961 Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fat Boy” (WTG = 5, XTG = 5 & ATG = 3)
    Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Permasharp (2)
    Brush: Left Hand
    Soap: Kiss My Face (Unscented)
    Water: Cool
    Alum Block: Yes, with no wincing.
    Post Shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe
    Aftershave: Chiseled Face Groomatorium’s Summer Storm

14. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

I was ogling that razor; it looks pristine!

15. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

[​IMG]

Mergress//GSB//Duke 3 Best//Wholly Kaw Cuero Oscuro

Very intriguing scent. Initially smells of leather. But then once lathered it takes on a different personality. You start getting the smoke, vetiver. And then not until I started shaving did I actually start smelling coffee. Very unusual. The aftershave is great. Much more vetiver in the splash. Healthy dose of menthol. Great face feel.

Sparrow, Jayaruh, Bobcat and 19 others like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 12/16/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning with the Schick N1 injector razor fitted with a twin blade. Marvelous lather from the Tabac shave stick. Three passes for a refreshing dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day guys. :)

Sparrow, Jayaruh, Bobcat and 18 others like this.
  17. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone!! SOTD 12/16/16

Pal Adjustable
    Schick(9)
    Badger
    Wit & Wisdom
    Cold Water Rinse,Alum Block
    Old Spice A/S

A great TGIF shave!!:happy088:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!:) DSCF0949.JPG

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very happy you like it Guy. Thank you for your support.

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

The razor is in pretty good shape. Some of the numbers have lost their color, but other than that it is in good shape. Works great.

20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Fougere Friday
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sparrow, Smooth Steve, ilts and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.