A Razor, A Brush, and the Passion to Use It!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Marc Bagwell, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Marc Bagwell

Marc Bagwell Well-Known Member

Run is right! She's liable to take a razor and chase me with it! Lol

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

if-a-girl-ever-pulls-out-a-knife.png
    Yeah, no. Don't listen to me. I'm divorced and kind of enjoy the single life.

macaronus and richgem like this.
  3. Marc Bagwell

Funny. Extra thick on the mayo

macaronus and RyX like this.
  4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You're a digusting.....soooaap collector....sheesh! :lam:

5. Bird Lives

Buy her something she digs at the same time....She'll know what you're doing but she'll dig it none the less....and you'll like surprising her aswell....It's a win/win situation...}8^))

When I was using DE's I liked Astras SP Green and white box and the Blue Box...

As a friend I can't help suggest you try out an Injector too....They are very inexpensive but very nice....Check out this Injector Party thread: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/injector-se-party.23113/page-654#post-1154690

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

7. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Hi Marcia ! Welcome. Sounds like you got a nice razor that will last you a lifetime.

8. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Active Member

Welcome, there is a great bunch of people here. Enjoy your time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

9. Marc Bagwell

Injector? Which? And where can I take a look at them? What advantage do they offer? I don't know anything about them.

Bird Lives likes this.
  10. Marc Bagwell

Thank you 178.

11. Marc Bagwell

Thanks Mike,
    I think you're right, everyone has been great so far, no trolls lurking in the shadows that I can see.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Marc Bagwell likes this.
  13. Marc Bagwell

Love the welcome moje

14. Marc Bagwell

Thank you, Steve
    I took a look at the injectors and I'll keep using my Merkur. BTW I had a terrible shave today. It was day two on the Bic Chromium blade. Two is enough. Tomorrow, I'm back to my Astra SP. Nothing beats the Astra SP, at least for me. Thanks again, Steve, for posting the link so I could take a look. I'm curious, what Razor do you usually use?

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

DEs Mon-Fri. I rotate through 33 (8 modern, 25 vintage), different one every day. Fresh blade goes in on Monday, gets moved to the next razor every day, toss after Friday's shave. Five 3-pass shaves per blade.

Straights on Saturday. I rotate through eight, next one up every shave.

SEs on Sunday. I rotate through nine. Like all the rest, next one up every shave. Fresh blade in on the first Sunday of the month, toss after the last Sunday's shave.

I PIFed all but one of my injectors. I use that one for touch up on my str8 shaves, should I feel I need/want it.

I also hand strop all my DE and SE blades before every shave. Three schools of thought:
    A) It does nothing. Don't bother.
    2) Even if it does work, blades are so cheap, why bother?
    III) It works. It smooths the blade and extends the life for a few extra shaves.

I figure if stropping before every str8 shave is recommended, even with stainless steel blades, stropping my DE and SE blades can't hurt, might help.

RyX, 178-bplatoon and Marc Bagwell like this.
  16. Marc Bagwell

That's interesting. Thank you or sharing that. I was wondering how to strop a de blade

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Welcome to TSD Marc! wave.gif

18. Marc Bagwell

19. Marc Bagwell

Steve, is that you in the video? If so, do you have a channel I can subscribe to?

20. Bird Lives

Injectors have very little learning curve....and shave very close....and are extremely manueverable.....They are inexpensive, user friendly, and very addicting.

PickledNorthern and macaronus like this.