December 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2016.

?

What is your most decadent item/product in your collection?

1. A vintage straight razor

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. A modern straight razor

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. A magnificent and hyper-expensive soap

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. A magnificent and cheap soap but man does it lather

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. A vintage DE razor

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  6. A modern DE - Stainless baby

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  7. An incredibly soft and luxurious brush

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  8. An incredibly stiff and scritchy brush

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. It's all decadent when I use it

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  10. Seriously, this poll just gets longer all the time. Pass the cookies and let's go.

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Wow a Van Gogh shave, be careful of your ear!

2. Keithmax

He is a samurai so he knows his blades. I agree it is not which is better, both can deliver a great shave or a terrible shave. Straights are kinder assuming they are shave ready. I struggle to control a razor when it is too light so I prefer heavier razors. I feel with a heavier razor I have more control and can fine tune my angle and pressure. So when I use shavettes I go with a heavier one, other people feel the opposite and that light razors are more nimble and controllable.

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Notice I used a Safety Razor!

4. Keithmax

Tabac shave 1 for Decedent December.

Tabac, M&F and Cobra Classic. I guess the Tabac felt like it had something to prove, the lather was wet, very slick and protective today.... so I went for it. 4 aggressive passes with the Cobra (Feather Pro) and the shave was epic.

I am already at work, I hope my US based TSN friends are enjoying your Sunday night.

IMG_3218.jpg

5. Keithmax

I did, a wise choice. Notable because many in the 30 day thread are know for their uhmmmm daring choices. I am glad you ear is still firmly attached to your head.

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Baby steps. When I started with straights, well pain sticks first, I did face only for a few shaves. Just to get over that "oh my god I'm going to die!" phase. You took the first step. String enough together and you're a pro!

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Daring choices? In THIS group? I'm not familiar with anyone like that here. Rumors. Nasty rumors.

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Neal, I could use your help again tomorrow on the Shave Den remodel.

1.jpg

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

No problem! I'm bringing some vodka though. For some reason every time we work on the place my butt hurts.

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Decadent December!!

December 18

Razor - 1947 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Alum

Decadence rolls on with a third shave with the '47 and Ladas. The blade feels like it might be getting just a bit tired but it still produced a very fine DFS in two passes. Three shaves is all I usually use on a blade anyway so it's all fine and dandy. The soap and brush were fantastic together and I did lather a third time just to say I did, then rinsed it with hot water without using the blade again. Just had to feel that brush one more time. I ordered some Route 66 samples that will be here tomorrow so I'm planning on trying one of those tomorrow. Then, on Tuesday, it's a special day with a special retro setup.

It's 5 degrees in STL tonight. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Keeps the murder rate down as nobody is outside during the drive bys. Also causes bad aim from the shivering. Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine has just started and I'm ready for it.

DSC_0515.jpg

11. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Wise, wise, wise words. I think I am coming to that conclusion the hard way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's almost stopped bleeding December
    Part IV - A new Hope.

Cella & B-400 Tuxedo brush
    Weck Bantam, Personna
    Gillette 195 on 9, Ladas SS
    Alum, Styptic, OS AS

SOTD 12182016.gif
    "Great kid, don't get cocky" Han Solo

Yummy cookie scented lather - check.
    Cool retro future synthetic brush - check.
    Dip the heel under the edge of my chin - ouch.
    Styptic? I'm gettin' no response here!

I'll be shaving around that scab. If it'll form up. Oh, well. Still not sure what I did, but it was User Error. Otherwise a nice CCS. The good thing about shavettes?
    Good Shaves Y'all!

Marverel, Drygulch, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpeg
    The Delta Echo Steampunk New Long Comb, is boxed and ready to meet it's new owner, lucky raffle winner, Neal, @NCoxSTL . I threw in a little surprise; something I bought and never used, but figured it was perfect for you. I don't think you have one, but if you do, or don't want it, PIF it along, or offer it up for the next raffle.

Marverel, Drygulch, PLAla and 11 others like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thank you! I've got the spot in my razor line up all ready for that one. And an extra bonus?! Awesome. And thanks for supporting the raffle as well with a great prize!

15. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

I'm...nope....not touching that one... :D

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

File under: Things that should be read aloud before hitting Post Reply.

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Sometimes you realize that but figure what the heck. Hit the button and live with the fallout.

18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Too easy?

19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Glory is all about guts. And getting somebody to hold your beer.

Like a hanging curveball. Or rather, several.

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Finding the right beer assistant is important. Need someone who won't drink it while you're in pain.

Several implies more than two. Now I'm just confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.