SoS: December 19, 2016 - December 25, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sounds like something out of "Deep thoughts with Jack Handy" :happy097:

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

One of the closest and most comfortable shaves I've had in quite a while. (Since yesterday!) My Hamol cream gave me its fresh, clean, old-school scent with so much rich lather and a most pleasant cooling sensation which became more detectable during my second pass. I enjoyed the extra cooling from the Lucky Tiger a/s balm and the Max Refreshing splash! :happy088: :happy088:

On to Wednesday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra day 3
    Stirling Black Ice S/S :love055: :love055::love055: :love055::love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub A/S Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Azzaro Pour Homme EdT

Every time I use a Stirling soap I know I'm going to get a great shave. This Black Ice lathers like a champ, smells so nice, and the blade glide is perfect. (So are the menthol effect and post-shave care!) For added freeze, I'll hit the Rubby Dubby Doo again! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg black-ice_1__58414_1406660899_800_800.jpg gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg CLU929020_Clubman_Jeris_Osage_Rub_Toner.jpg

alpla444, Sparrow, Jayaruh and 21 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's the Wednesday Shave Plan:

prep-Dove 4 Men Fresh&Clean Bodywash
    shave-TSD Lanolin Soap w/Russian Leather fragrance
    brush-Jayaruh#59
    razor-Gillette Sensor 2 Pivot + DisposeABLE
    A.S.-TSD w/Russian Leather fragrance

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You've got it already? It's going to knock your socks off.

Sparrow, Douglas Carey, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I look forward to THAT :). And later, with a Sheep Soap(Stirling)?? Life will be good. (Not that it isn't NOW).

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

MONDAY NIGHT SHAVE
    20161220_200816.jpg

Prep: Taconic Bay Rum Metholated
    Razor: Gillette Redtip
    Blade:Big Ben (3rd shave)
    Brush: Fine Angel Hair Synthetc
    Soap: Perfectly Natural- Citrus Mint Menthol

Had a bit of stubble left over so decided to do a quick late night shave. Have been experimenting with this soap and I have to say I'm impressed with it, makes a thick lather and has a nice menthol kick, combined with the Osage Rub my face was freezing. BBS finish.

TUESDAY SHAVE
    20161220_200734.jpg

Prep: RazoRock Mister Joe
    Razor: Gillette Black Beauty (5)
    Blade: Rapira SS
    Brush: Fine Angel Hair Synthetc
    Soap: B&M Figgy Puddin

Love the scent of this new Latha soap. Very fresh and spicy, by far one of my favorite scents from the Latha line. The lather was clogging the razor a bit and could have took a bit more water, but got a irritation free shave so no complaints. The matching A/S feels soothing and the Osage Rub added a bit more of a menthol kick. This type of Rapira blades have been working very well, almost felt like there was no blade in the razor. Hope everyone had a great shave !

alpla444, Sparrow, Jayaruh and 23 others like this.
  7. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Birthday shave...
    [​IMG]

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Happy Birthday.

9. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

That is a strikingly outstanding photo.

I love that picture!

10. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

Yet another excellent write-up, sir.

11. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

12. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - 20 December 2016

[​IMG]

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Decadent December!!

December 20 - TSD Anniversary Shave

Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89L
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Proraso Green Tub
    Brush - Tweezerman "The Shedderator"
    Post - Alum, Aqua Velva Musk

Second anniversary of joining this place and I went retro to the basic setup I was using, or about to use, then. The DE89 was not my first razor purchase, but was my first "modern razor" purchase if you don't count the Weishi I started with. I had ordered a tub of Proraso Green based on reviews and went with the Tweezerman brush off of Amazon mainly because it was a good description and a low price. It has faithfully shed every use for me since.

I did start with a head shave, something I wasn't doing two years ago. Well, I was, but with carts. Used my usual Merkur 23c, VdH Boar and VdH Deluxe soap and it was a perfect shave. I think the VdH soap is on my drop list, however, as I have plenty of Arko so don't need an additional cheaply priced soap for my head shaves. I'll use up the puck I have and be done with Mr. Van Der Hagen. It's a good soap, just an extra for me at this point.

The actual shave was as fantastic as I thought it would be. Well, the brush wasn't great but it's a soft floppy cheap badger that just can't do more than it can. With the Proraso and two years of practice I can get a decent lather out of it and the Astra and DE89 were perfect for a two pass near-BBS. Nice trip down memory lane. It's definitely been both a fun and interesting two years. It also coincides very closely with the Winter Solstice, which occurs at 10:40 am GMT tomorrow. So tonight we celebrated Yule since I was off. Had a fantastic dinner. Turkey, dressing, cranberries, pumpkin pie, yams, green bean casserole, and a little more pie. Great night and a great shave.

Thanks for putting up with me for the past two years. Here's to a few more! And, in one final walk down memory lane, here is my first 30 day setup for January 2015. I used it for 5 days or so until the razor had me so red and weepy I couldn't take it anymore and changed to the Aristocrat. I think I got that brush about two days before the month started and the Voskhods were from @Bama Samurai since I was waiting on my first bunch to arrive from Russia. Good times.

[​IMG]

15. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

16. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Thank you very much.

17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

[​IMG]

18. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Happy Birthday!!

19. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

No kidding. It was a great shave too! Honestly, I like Derby blades, but yes this was the last. I start with a fresh one tomorrow morning.

20. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

12/21/16 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
    Palmolive for Men Classic Shaving Soap Stick (First time trying this soap)
    RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
    RazoRock Wunderbar Stainless Steel Slant Razor
    Derby Extra Blade – 1st Shave
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
    Booster Mosswood Aftershave
    IMG_3958.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.