New MdC

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Sid James, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Sid James

Sid James Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in purchasing myself but I'm sure someone else will be...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm sure someone will be interested in procuring this new soap, but it is not me. Working my way through so many already.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

It's only for a limited edition which mean is only for a limited of time so this product won't last, so you better hurry and place you're order IF you want it.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  5. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

And for MDC...by "don't last," you mean...ONLY 15 years??

6. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I have a vetyver on the way. I'll give some feedback on the scent once it arrives. I also ordered a small bottle of their "eau de candre vetyver" to see if it matches the scent. From what little info I could find online, it's a fresh vetyver.
    The fougere was apparently also "limited" back in the day, so maybe this is just their way of testing the market

clint64 likes this.
  7. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I've had my MdC Fougere for about a year, use it frequently, and have barely made a dent. Why I ordered the Rose tonight I'll never understand, but I suspect I'll enjoy it. For a really, really long time.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I almost bought some Vetyver as well but decided to wait on some reviews. If you get a chance post up your thoughts when you get the soap.

Bussemand likes this.
  9. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Shaved with the MdC Vetyver this evening, and it was a pleasure.

The soap is made with the same base as the rest of their selection, according to MdC. I can't help but think that my face felt a little less tight post shave, than I usually experience with MdC, but that could just be my imagination.
    The scent is strong (as usual) and fills your nose, as well as your bathroom, with the scent of lemon and vetiver, followed by maybe some wood, hay and what I presume to be the scent of the soap itself - there's definitely a repeat note from the Original and Fougere scented soaps.
    I have a strong feeling this will be my favourite MdC soap. I find the scent of the Original a little too strong and the Fougere a little "gloomy". The Vetyver is a brighter scent without being sweet or "modern".

I bought a small bottle of the Vetyver edt to see if it matched, and I believe it does. The two products doesn't smell exactly the same, but I attribute this to the lack of the aforementioned MdC soap base scent in the edt. 4 hours after applying, I'm getting a lemongrass type of vibe from it.
    I am pleased with my purchase, and now find myself being curious about the Rose soap - I wasn't before this one arrived...

Packaging was excellent as usual. I could smell the included soap sample before I even opened the box. The glass jar has been replaced with a plastic one, but it's almost the same, only lighter in weight

[​IMG]

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you for such a well written review. I am afraid more reviews like this will certainly cost me some money.

11. poikkeus

poikkeus Member

It's already cost me money. I just sunk money in the two MdC soaps - and they'll be arriving this week.

I can start using the soap when I finish my old MdC - I don't know how many years that will be.

clint64 likes this.
  12. poikkeus

poikkeus Member

The Vetyer and Rose are both noticeably subtler than their other soaps - it's not a B&M smell-a-thon. The scents are warm and subtle. I can't wait to use them, some year.

PickledNorthern and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

As much as I'd love to have the Rose I can't see me spending the money on MdC, I have a jar that is 3/4 full. Enjoy! Enjoy.

14. Primotenore

Article Team
    (and I have 2 jars) :D

Rusty blade and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. Primotenore

Article Team
    Briefly had a jar of MdC Rose in my basket...came to my senses, thank goodness. Even though I own and enjoy my 2 jars (Original and Fougère), additional purchases of this, IMO, over-priced soap, will not be in my future.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  16. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Was buggered to see the vetyver having been sold out the day before I decided to spend some of the Christmas gift money from Gran on it. Thank the shaving gods there are people out there who don't take to vetiver. Got one from BST, arriving this week :D

clint64 likes this.
  17. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I enjoyed using my Rose today. I've used it about eight times, and I can't even notice the level dropping yet. I've had the Fougere for almost two years, and I've just begun to see a dent--I need to use it more often...

clint64 and Halvor like this.
  18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Im definitely buying the Rose one someday. But right now im working on finishing some soaps haha.

I have been on a Tabac Journey, its an amazing soap. I dont know what to finish after this one

19. PilotMike

PilotMike New Member

I bit the bullet and finally placed an order for some MDC! I figured that after acquiring about 100 soaps or so it was time for me to sample this highly praised soap for myself. I got the Classic and Fougere!

Halvor likes this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

You will not be disappointed.

Some people complain about the price, but honestly...you use soooo little, it is actually cheaper in the long run. It just. Lasts. Forever.

It is simply the best veggie soap out there. It is terrific, and I keep it as a mainstay in my den.

Halvor likes this.