Not So Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Matt0210, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Yep. All the kids are doing it...
    Google
    That
    (Insert a Mod actionable word here)

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Rich Rollins was a third-baseman for the Twins in the 60's.

Kizurra and Matt0210 like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Richard Rollins of Fast n Loud / Grease Monkey Garage. Or is it Rollings.?

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

oh, I'm sure it's the Dick Rollins you're talkinabout.

5. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

Worms/parasites are almost unavoidable as they get them from their mother. Adult dogs develop immunity to them but still shed their eggs so most puppies need to be dewormed. But, that coupled with the severe fleas, which need not ever happen, is what gets me. Do report this.

Kizurra, trey06dmd and Matt0210 like this.
  6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Sorry to hear of your experience...most unfortunate. Sadly, as I age, nothing surprises me anymore. Hope it all works out for you and puppy. Breeders like this shouldn't be allowed to own pets of any kind.

7. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Sad story, I hope your pup will pull through.

8. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

IMG_0861.JPG Here's a picture of the pup for those of you who are following the thread. I'll post more pictures in the coming days and keep you all updated on its progress. She seems to be getting better but we won't know for sure until we take her to the vet tomorrow for more testing. Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement from everyone!

Kizurra, Erik Redd, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Sorry for your experience. As one who is the dog and cat showing and judging business - NEVER buy from some breeder who advertises on Craigs List or in the paper without checking them out. Always go to a bonafide breeder, registered with, in this case, the AKC (American Kennel Club). Did you get the breed registration papers with the dog? If not write the AKC and lodge a formal complaint. This happens all to often with both dogs and cats.

10. Matt0210

Yeah I kind of figure I didn't do as well as I thought (checking the seller background) she normally doesn't breed puppies. This was the first litter she has ever had because she just got a female Shih Tzu and thought she was fixed. No, didn't get ANY paperwork from her at all aside from the contract we signed. We asked her for the vet paperwork and she had none. Should've been the first red flag for me. We just wanted the dog in time for Christmas. I won't do it again that's for sure.

Kizurra and MarshalArtist like this.
  11. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Additional thought - all dog breeds have regional breed clubs or associations. Look them up and contact them. They are a wealth of information on who is a good breeder and who is not.

12. Similar thing happened to my son. Bought a puppy a few days it later was so sick. They took it to the vet and it had parvo. Good luck

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You're a good man, Matt. I believe we can judge people's hearts by how they treat God's innocent creations. Dogs are fully sentient beings capable of experiencing pain and suffering, and also comfort and joy. The reward in all this will be the unconditional loyalty of one dog. It's priceless.

You need to let the county know what's going on, if you're up for that.

14. Matt0210

Yeah I'm going to do it as soon as they open for sure.

Kizurra and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

That is what she told you. I doubt it's true. If she were conscientious, she would have been to a vet and known for sure she was spayed. This elaborate ruse of the "guarantee" and "contract" make me think she does this regularly. If she does not pay the bill for your treatments, I think you should press charges for fraud and criminal negligence. ASPCA/Humane Society may do the latter anyway. She sounds like a con to me…and I treat them everyday, so I know whereof I speak. Again, so sorry you had to go through this. The upside being you rescued this puppy from those conditions and are doing what you can to stop her from continuing what she's doing.

Kizurra, Bama Samurai and Matt0210 like this.
  16. Matt0210

That's a good point about her not knowing the dog was spayed. Is this something I should get the police involved in or should I just file in small claims court? I'm going to report to SPCA the next business day their open which might be today.

Kizurra likes this.
  17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Report it to the SPCA, they have their own investigators who can handle the criminal end of this. Then, add up all the vet bills, and extra cost you incurred because of the dogs condition, and take her to small claims court to recoup your losses.

18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Not all breeders are bad folks.

My wife is a very very small time Yorkie breeder. She has to 2 males/2 females and they only breed about every 3td heat. She is adamant that the puppies are healthy and well before going to new homes. We will not let the the pups go if they did not have a clean bill of health and shots from the vet. We also check out the prospective owners as best we can to ensure that the pups will be in caring, safe homes. And she will follow up with the new owners to see that all is well. My bride also includes a return clause where if, for some reason, things don't work out, she will take back the pup and then do her best to place the puppy again. So far, she has had only happy owners and pups.

Kizurra, Erik Redd and Matt0210 like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

+1

Kizurra and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Since you had a heath guarantee and agreement to pay for first shots in the contract you may have legal recourse to recover damages associated with getting the pup healthy and the first set of shots when your vet is able to administer them. I would have an attorney look over the contract. Do not feel bad about bringing legal action against someone who would let an animal suffer to make a quick dollar. And remember if she is found to be in the wrong your legal fees would be covered as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk