Canuary

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by BabyBottomSmooth, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I plan to use and review a number of canned creams this month.

I have these and a few others for my shaves for Canary. This is off the top of my head, I have others I can add or subtract.

Azzaro PH
    Azzaro Acteur
    Cade
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Calvin cologne
    CK Obsession
    CK Eternity
    TdH
    Tabac
    Brut
    Clubman
    Aramis Aramis
    Devon Aramis
    Preferred Sock
    Chanel PH
    Chanel Antaeus
    Davidoff Cool Water
    AdP Colonia
    ADP Barbiere
    RL Polo Original
    RL Polo Crest
    RL Chaps
    RL Safari
    RL Monogram
    Alvarez Gomez

What do you think?

2. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I say... Go for it!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

That's quite a collection of canned creams you have. Looking forward to your review of them.

Carbide Mike and Demidog like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

All those are canned shave creams? I had no idea! I did get a can of Barbasol for a quick Menthol fix.
    This is one of the reasons I like TSD - Acceptance of carts, cans, methods, & techniques.

Carbide Mike, Screwtape and Demidog like this.
  5. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I had no idea that any of those canned creams existed. The only stuff I've heard of are the creams that you can find at a convenience store, such as Edge gel, Gillette, and Barbasol. I still use canned stuff when traveling and intermittently for a few other reasons, so these reviews would be helpful.

6. Sid James

Sid James Well-Known Member

I think there's some confusion over what is classed as a canned cream.

7. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

After reading your post I gave the list a more than cursory look and you are correct. There are some good creams that I would not consider "canned". Gotta edit my original post....

Carbide Mike, RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

"Canned" doesn't mean pressurized in this case. More emphasis on "Cream" as in non-triple milled soap?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. When the artisan craze hit. .."........I took the one less traveled by," I have always used a brush for shaving , my dad used one with Noxzema tube cream, so I did too. I have tons of traditional creams and soaps and love them also and they give me great shaves. But..... the cans intrigue me for some reason.

Those are some of the designer cans of my favorite fragrances; I also have others like Noxzema, Barbasol, Foamy, SMN, Proraso, etc. I have a particular fondness for travel sized cans. What a freak, huh?

Carbide Mike, Demidog and RyX like this.
  10. No, these are all aerosol cans offered by manufacturers.

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Aerosol foam, perhaps?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Wow! It will be interesting to follow your progress. :happy088:

Do you plan to hold everything else in your routine and set up constant to eliminate as many variables as possible?

Will your product reviews be based on single or multiples uses? (I'm assuming single use since you have so many to review in a month.) In my experience, I need to use a product a few times before I'm ready to give a thumbs up or down.

Carbide Mike and Demidog like this.
  13. Mostly foams but a few are gels;; its in a can so its "goo".

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  14. For DE razors I have a Future, Fatboy, Vision, Mergress. I use only GSB blades. For carts I primarily use M3, Fusion, Wilkinson Sword Protector3. I apply the cream with a brush and do a 4 pass shave.

15. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how you managed to find some of these creams. I tried looking up the Cool Water cream but all I'm seeing are aftershave balms and splashes. If you were able to take a picture of your setup to accompany each review, that would be nice. This should be an interesting thread.

Carbide Mike, wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

In an earlier post, I was given the impression that "goo" is gels, not creams/foams.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

From that list, Clubman is the only one I've used. I'll look forward to your commentary on that.

Demidog and Carbide Mike like this.

18. The vernacular varies

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Your list is no flash in the pan AXE type group.
    Stinky Bever.gif

20. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Wow, 25 aerosol shave products and you don't have a single one of the common ones on that list! I've never even heard of any of them, at least not as shaving foams/gels!

This is going to be interesting. Good thing you let us know your plans a few days early; it gives me time to get the popcorn...