What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

the Greaves pic is so neat.

Kizurra likes this.
  2. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Kizurra and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Jac Zagoory makes some really interesting pieces here in the US. Mostly out of pewter.
    A lot of pen holders - that can also double as razor holders of course :)

They often come in two sizes and the larger ones often sell for $150 or more so I've just been admiring but not actually got one...until tonight when I was able to pick one up for a fraction of that cost (actually less than what the mini ones sell for).

Not sure if I'll use it as a pen holder on the desk...or as an obnoxious way to hold a razor during SOTD photos.
    Oh the possibilities.

The one I got is his "Atlas" model;
    (Short review of it here)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using pen holders for SOTD photos is not really new though - Simone Favale has done it in some SOTD photos - with, I think great success;
    (That particularly holder is a resin one for about $28)
    [​IMG]

Boojum1, tuxxdk, Jorvaljr and 10 others like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Finally won a vintage Simpson Wee Scott brush (this one a Hoffritz c/w case). I've bid on a number of them the past couple years but was always outbid....til today.
    [​IMG][/URL]

5. Paul Turner

Now waiting on another thing(but I just put the order in this morning)-Rte 66 shave soapCavendish).

6. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Just put in another myself LOL.... Just ordered some Bar Soap from Soap Commander ( Honor x2 and Respect x1 ). and The General Razor will be in the mail next week on its way home :)

7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wow those are cool. Where do you buy those?

Kizurra likes this.
  8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahaha awesome! Its to bad I cant get in on this =P

Kizurra, Robyflexx and tuxxdk like this.
  9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I should really exploit this opportunity more often. My aunt, who lives in South Africa, is once a year in the US and here in DK, so if I time it right I can get her to be my transport of shaving goods :)

I just saw a photo from my cousin, who received the goods for me... man that Soap Commander jar is quite big! 170g of soap for only 15 USD - that's quite a deal actually.

Kizurra and Linuxguile like this.
  10. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Sweet Just got the Raffle Win in the mail today :) Thanks @Matt0210
    Mail.jpg

cliffb599, Kizurra, Drygulch and 12 others like this.
  11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Kizurra, Jorvaljr, Marc D and 2 others like this.
  12. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Yeah never tried it before, will give it a try in the near future :)

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

eBay :) For the knight one just search "knight pen stand". They are about $28.

Kizurra and RyX like this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Waiting on a few things:

New RR synthetic Brush
    100 pack Rapira Super Stainless blades

1x Uncle Jon'S Holly Berry Tallow
    1x Uncle Jon'S Silk Road tallow

Has anyone tried any Uncle Jon's soaps? Have seen a few lathering videos but not a lot of personal testimonies on this brand. Jon makes u tube videos and seems like a great artisan to do business with, also the soaps come in vegan or tallow versions which is cool.

15. Paul Turner

scheduled to arrive Monday....that'd be nice, but USPS has been a day late with my orders. Still hopeful for Monday, though.

Kizurra and jimjo1031 like this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My iKon ShaveCraft 101 head has shipped, now I have a iKon B1 Slant w/OSS handle. Which I plan on keeping..

Kizurra, AGHisBBS, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I have two of the non tallow soaps, Aphrodite and Savanna Sunrise. Really nice stuff. Easy lather and excellent performance. I will get more at some point.

Kizurra and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Another New Forest Tubby2 brush to add to the collection. This one looks to have a nice 2 band knot.

[​IMG]

19. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Two books by The Barefoot Doctor, for my landlady. Nothing for me. :(

20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I believe you are thinking of Dr. Jon's soaps (confusing I know). The Dr. Makes some great soaps, especially their new harder formula that came out recently.

Uncle Jon's has a picture of a guy with a big beard on the label. He seems like a very nice person and has some nice scents to choose from. Aside from a few u tube videos I dont think I have seen Uncle Jon's in any of the SOTD threads but really looking forward to trying them.